Howdy

Hello to everyone.
Have been a long time fan of the GT40, but as I recently turned 40 I thought that was a good enough reason to actually get my ass in gear and look at getting one in the garage (and eventually a bit of track fun).

This inevitably meant I needed to get a bit more serious about information for building/buying one and expanding the my knowledge to more than the basics.

As google is my friend, I stumbled upon this site, which seems to have very good information and figured I better get myself an account and start picking some GT40 brains in here.

Also I noticed Robert Logan from RoaringForties in here, and have admired his efforts at producing a quality GT40 replica so figured thats a good recommendation for this forum.

Regards
Nik

Also I noticed Robert Logan from RoaringForties in here, and have admired his efforts at producing a quality GT40 replica so figured thats a good recommendation for this forum.

Hi Nik,

welcome to the forum.

The level of admiration for Robert Logan within this forum will exceed your wildest imaginations...

Best,
Marcus

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Hello Nik,
Welcome aboard.

Your bio states :
"Consider a good day one in which I learn something new"

I will vouch that some of the guys on here are about to give you an A+ education.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome, Nik. This is a good bunch and will no doubt be of great help as you decide how to make your dream come true. The best suggestion I would offer is don't be a stranger to the search tool -- there's a very strong possibility that a few of your questions may have been discussed at some length in the past.

Sounds like you're in for some exciting times!

Best,

T.

Hi Nic,

Robert Logan is no-longer involved with the manufacture of GT-40 kits. He went bust and Roaring Forties have now been taken over. The new owners are very helpfull and knoledgeable about their product. RL produced one of the best kits around, so i'd recomend giving the New Roaring Forties a call.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hi Nik
Welcome aboard. Just to bring you up to speed,Robert Logan went bust in early 2006 taking with him quite a lot of money paid by members on this forum. The wounds are still seriously open,which explains the reaction to your post.
Ross

Hmmmmm, must admit havent kept up with whats been going on in the GT40 replica world for last couple years (mostly due to work and life changes), hence my search for some info.

Thanks for the updates tho. Didnt know RL had done a runner, thats not good, from past research his replicas were very good... :mad:

Yup been using the search feature and it works great, lots of information and helping me get on track. In fact so much information my head is swimming. :D

Looks like I have a bit of work cut out for me in deciding how I want to go, whether space frame or mono (though I do like the idea of a mono).

Regards
nik

Thanks Mark, been reading this site for a week now (since I stumbled on it), and finally found the exact thread I have been looking for.

Wow the amount of information here, its great.

Was looking at the RCR40 car, but starting to think it may be worth while supporting the local manufacturers.

Even better, time to take the weekend off with family and let all this new data settle a bit. Then bombard my brain with more data next week...... :p:

Regards
Nik

PS: and maybe plan a trip to visit DRB in Brisbane later in the year.

Good idea Nik, whatever you choose its not going be a 'normal' car, ask yourself if there is anything you 'dont' like about the various types because while you might say now ''oh thats not a major, I can live with that' you will find that 'fault' or'imperfection' will start to stick out like a sore toe in years to come, others probably wont notice it, but you will know its there! A bit extra spent now on the 'right' bits can save a lot of $$ & aggro later. Good Hunting.

Jac Mac

Back