SPF Pricing?

Ron Earp

Admin
Isn't there a thread somewhere around here that has SPF US List pricing? I was interested in having a look but the SPF website does not have pricing, at least as far as I can tell.

Ron

Ron,
The only place I can find a price list is here.

Dynamic Motorsports: Information Request

If their price was closer to the cost of other GT40 manufactures turn keys minus SPF would have my business.
I'm at the stage of figuring out how I'm going to pass emission requirements in GA before I spend the money.

Yes $79,900.00 is the current base price without options. Somewhere else on the site I posted an options list with prices. The orignal price was $65k then it went to $79K when they added the "GT40" name. On Jan. 15th it went up another $10k to it's current price.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Ron,

If their price was closer to the cost of other GT40 manufactures turn keys minus SPF would have my business.

Keep in mind what the SPF includes (headers, etc.) and that it is finished and a true roller not to mention original monocoque, etc.

There are several good GTs available and nicely built but only the SPF IS a "GT40" and closest to the FAV/JW cars.

That Jimmy can sell what you get for 80K and turn any profit is an amazement to me!

JMHO,

Rick

only the SPF IS a "GT40" and closest to the FAV/JW cars.

It's not a FAV/JW cars it's a SPF. SO it just another replica.

Just like the Cobra. If the chassis is not by AC Cars in England it's just a replica.

You call it a SPF GT40 or a Shelby Roadster.
Cobra is a registered trademark for Ford Motor Co., Inc.

It's just a name and a replica.
So why pay more.
Just my 2 cents.

the nomenclature thing can go on forever, and in fact does over on clubcobra with the cobra industry. I personally feel there is value in what SPF has done with the registration of the cars as continuation cars, but more importantly the accuracy is what sets it apart in my opinion. There is a vast difference in the different replicas, and SPF is at the pinnacle as far as I am concerned and you pay for that. I have a CAV mono car and it is very well built and certainly as pretty as any SPF or other make, however it does not carry the same accuracy as a SPF but it does cost somewhat less to build. The SPF is a replica but it is the nicest replica.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Rich,

You are right it IS a replica, however it is more than just an exterior shape copy, it has an "original" type tub (that may be plus or not dependant upon your needs).

I did not mean to imply that it IS a FAV/JW car, just that it is closest to those.

BTW, a certain "Mr. C. Shelby" will disagree with your statement regarding non-AC chassised vehicles "Not being Cobras" as he is selling his Polish/South African/Mexican chassised cars as "Cobras"!!!!

Yes, original "Ford GT40s" were built in the 60s in the UK, the SPF "GT40" IS a "GT40", just not a Ford and not a 1960s original.........

Rick

Ron Earp

Admin
I know the opinions vary, but 99% of the cars on this forum are replicas and are GT40s - at least to me. If I got a SPF car it'd be a GT40, and if I got an CAV it'd be a GT40.

I hope that the "continuation" label and "GT40" name won't divide the forum in any way shape or form into haves and have nots, as it sometimes does on the Cobra forums. Those "real" and "replica" and "Cobra" discussions get tiresome.

I'll email Dennis on the pricing. I was looking for a price list of options on the cars as well. So the base price of the roller is $80k, with no options? Dynamic estimates $17k for engine and transmission - that is way off base. $17k these days will get you the transmission, hardware, clutch, flywheel, and whatnot but no engine.

Ron

Ron, I have a copy of an invoice for a GT40 from a vendor. base price-79,900
gurney bubble-650
standard twin stripe-650
add pinstripe-300
stripe deviation (?)-300
gulf pattern-1000
special color-750
roundels each-350
ceram coat headers-850
trans cooler-1300
sill shifter-1500
leather-500 for a total of 84,550

I suppose there are a few more options but not many. You are correct in that a drivetrain will add 25K minimum and more likely 30K

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Chuck. I thought it a little incredulous not to get a shifter with the car. Nice collection you have.

Also, that right hand sill setup looks quite a bit different from the tunnel shifter. It has a Ferrari looking gated shift plate that is quite nice as compared to the setup on the tunnel. It also has a billet (or maybe ss) shifter rod and knob as compared to the steel and whatever unit on the tunnel. Or maybe thats what they are using on the all the later cars now.

Mike

Back