P2174

It has been a long road, but a week after receiving the elusive ZF,, 2174 is on the road.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 447

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
John...Looks great......How about some detail pics...You were a busy beaver ( completed one wk after receiving the ZF !)When will you finish the other one?...Keeping one;selling the other?....Steve P2125

Thank you for all replies. I will post some more pics soon. It was not too bad, as you know I have had the engines and chassis since April, so I had done quite a bit of prep work.
There were some quality issues that caused some delays. The Roush motor came with the clutch installed, but the clutch disc was not centered correctly, so I blew through a good three hours fixing that issue. For those building their own, do not assume that High Tech has tightened all the clamps they put on. The clamp on the top cooling tube down in the tunnel was not tightened on mine, so that killed some more time, mostly cleaning up coolant. You may want too check the wire tie on the windshield washer hose also, as they were too tight and would not allow flow.
Please do not get me wrong, I am still very happy with the product, I am just metioning a few things that may solve some others headaches!
I had hoped to take it out again today, but fall has finally hit and it is raining today. Hopefully my second box will arrive soon and I will have 2175 done soon.

Dave,

I ordered two RBT's on November 06, 2006. So 11 months on the first box,,,,,still waiting on the second.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Transaxle may be installed after the "prime mover" has been dropped in place. Once the re-inforcement over the rear saddle has been removed, the trans or the complete unit may be hoisted out. You must remove the rear stabilizer bar and the bridge across the rear chassis member, once that is done, the sky is the limit!!!!

Rick

Back