Texas Cobra Club President At Run And Gun

Hi Everyone
Its Been A Very Hectic Year For Me So For, But Thanks To Jay Nordstrom Who Made All Of The Arrangements For Me, I Got To Attend The 2007 Edition Of The Run And Gun. Boy, Did I Have A Great Time! Lots Of Loud Cars! 3 Gt 40's, With 2 Hitting The Track. Met A Bunch Of Really Nice People Who Fit Right In With This Laid Back Texan. Gateway And The Event Co-ordinators Did A Fantastic Job. I Look Forward To Attending The Event In 2008, Hopefully With 2 Of My Cars.
Paul

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the forum, Paul. Good to see yet another Texan on here!!

I'm in the Houston area, but I spend quite a bit of time in Rockport and use to live about 30 miles north of you, in Sinton.

Someday when I'm headed down that way I'll drop you a PM--it would be good to get acquainted and if that's your 40 in your avatar, I'd sure like to see that, too!!

You'll find this a pretty cool forum--lots of good fellows, great information, not much noise (thanks to Ron and the other admins/moderators for keeping it that way!!)

Doug

Hi Paul, Welcome! If you are into GT40's, this is the place. Question for ya. Do you know anything about the WWII Aircraft Carrier Lexington that I think is based at Corpus Christi ?
Bill

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Paul, Welcome! If you are into GT40's, this is the place. Question for ya. Do you know anything about the WWII Aircraft Carrier Lexington that I think is based at Corpus Christi ?
Bill

I've kayaked past it a few times, but never taken the guided tour. What exactly were you wanting to know, Bill?

Doug

hi doug and bill
doug, if you want to make a run down this way i'm having my "coba's by the bay' car event here on october 26,27. details are on club cobra. love to have you drop in.

bill, the lexington is open to the public for a fee. they have guided tours. nice vessel to visit. our local mustang club was on the deck when it first opened to the public. at that time i had a 65 gt mustang. sold it to build my cobra. if you come into town it would be a nice place to visit.
paul

ps the gt40 pictured by my name is mine.

Hi Paul and Everyone,
Here are a couple pictures of Paul's LS40 and his cobra at a recent car show here in Corpus Christi Tx.

-Eddie

CCHeatwave07_049.jpg

CCHeatwave07_047.jpg

Hey Eddie And Dean
Thanks For Posting The Pics Eddie. You Are Way Ahead Of Me On Posting Pics. Come To Think Of It Everyone Is Ahead Of This Dinosaur. Dean, I Would Like To Bring Both Cars To The Run And Gun Next Year.
Been Really Busy Since Run And Gun. Played In My Last Tennis Event For The Year A Week Ago And My Doubles Partner And I Won The Texas Sectionals Doubles Title Upsetting The Number 1 Seeds In The Finals. It Was Their First Loss To A Texas Team. Then This Last Weekend Was My Cobra By The Bay Event. 27 Total Cars With 6 Cobras And A Gt 40 In Attendance. Great Weather And A Fantastic Cruise Around Our Bay. A Friend Of Mine Went Up In His Helicopter And Took Some Pics Of Our Cruise. I Don't Know How To Post Any Of The Pics. If Someone Can Help Or I Can Send The Pics Via Email For Someone To Post.
Take Care All,
Paul

Back