Newbie from germany

Hallo all,

following this site now since some weeks.
i´m very impressed with the high qualitystandards you´re all setting to yourself. The resulting cars are even more impressive.

I´m 44 years old, maried to Helga and have two wonderful kids ( michael 16 and ramona 11). living close to munich in one of the most beautifull areas of germany.

From an age of 18 i was fascinated by motorcycles ( had no car at all till i turned 21). At this point i decided for cars ( need to calm down my parents due to a family issue)
I´ve been in cars for a while ( autocross ), built some local championship winning autocross cars. But the bikes never left my thoughts. So i started again in 91. Building a nice KZ900 which wone several shows and perfomed very good on the street. After spending on year in TX(95) i went into vintage race bikes. Bought my first EGLI ( swiss race frame builder) in 96. and since them i´m hooked to them. Bought and rebuild another two in 99 and 02. Rebuilt both of them completely. One of it is a EGLI KAWA. 1200c aircooled z 900 engine (with al the goodies of ARIAS, YOSHIMURA, KEIHIN) putting out 140 hp and 125 nm of torque. The other one is suzuki twin engined 500cc vintage racebike, which i race regularely in classic race events ( Grab the Flag). Did pretty good this year, finished second over all in the classic 500 class.
In parallel to the bikes i own a porsche 964 C2 ´90. which ´has original 55kmiles on it and was rebuilt by me in 2004.
Now i´m up for more, will sell the porsche and the EGLI KAWA ( i hate my toys standing around, and since i´m racing the small EGLI i haven´t put almost no km on the big one). I´haven´t yet decided what to buy , but it will be a kit with a nasty SBF( 450 - 500 hp), Looking either for a FFR Coupe or for a RCR GT 40.
So don´t be surprised if i´m coming up with a lot of questions in the close future. looking forward to receive all your supporting answers.

Thanks in advance
TOM

Tom,

Welcome to the forum!

You will find many people here on the forum that are also motorcycle people.

I was in Germany in 1979, and was able to visit Munich many times, including many trips to the Hofbrauhaus:chug:, so I can appreciate the beautiful area of Germany where you live.

Good luck with your journey to get yourself a GT40.

Here a picture of my racebike. Nice colour he ? more in the galery

file.php

Back