Access Hole for Front Suspension

I am considering adding two access holes to get at the front lower control arm bolts. The holes would make removal of the bolts for the lower arms much easier. The holes would be a little over 1 inch to clear a 15/16 socket. The proposed location for the holes is indicated in blue on the attached photo. I would think the corner would have enough strength that the removal of material would not weaken it much. What do the rest of you think?

Attachments

• access_hole.JPG
    access_hole.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 449
I have opted against the holes. The driver's side nut is hard to get to but not impossible. The access holes would only cut a few minutes off removal of the arm.

When I assembled everything i put the lower control arms all the way forward in the chassis. Then I used the upper arm to make all the adjustments. I would not want to get to the bolts now! I don't see a reason to ever mess with them again. Don't cut the holes. my .02

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Agreed...this is not a multiple time deal.

Once you have the lower control arm situated , its a one time tighten and leave using the grade eight supplied bolt and nyloc nut.

Its a tight space but not that bad really....considering.

Last edited:
The way I set up the pedal box I thought it was going to be really hard to get at the nut on that side. Once I moved a couple of hoses it was not so bad. I talked myself out of it before you guys did.

Back