A Few Pics of my Mk I

After never-ending custom body projects (early rear light conversion, roof vent etc) I finally have a chance to take some decent pics of the work done to date. Hope you like em-

Chris

Attachments

• Right-Rear_03.jpg
    Right-Rear_03.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 977
  • Front-Left_01.jpg
    Front-Left_01.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 985
  • Right_03.jpg
    Right_03.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 957
  • Rear_01.jpg
    Rear_01.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 959
  • Top-Front_01.jpg
    Top-Front_01.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 966
  • Left-rear-B&W_01.jpg
    Left-rear-B&W_01.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 985
  • Original 1010 rear.jpg
    Original 1010 rear.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 977
  • Left-B&W_01.jpg
    Left-B&W_01.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 960
  • John Whitmore_01.JPG
    John Whitmore_01.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 940
  • Right_02.jpg
    Right_02.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 950
That is beautiful! When I told my wife I was going to paint my Daytona Coupe white she begged me not to do it. Now she loves it! Your GT40 looks fantastic. Thanks for posting the pictures. Got any more of the interior and engine bay?

It took me awhile to zero in on exactly what I wanted to do with my build. The White used is Cirrus White, same as chassis 1010 and is a beautiful compliment to the body lines on this car. The Essex wire paint scheme truly was a pain in the ass, the nostril panel the worst of the lot.

Nothing overly exciting in the engine bay just yet, some decent pics of the interior projects on my build thread if you're interested. I'll be working hard on finishing the car in 2008, would like a driver by end of summer...

Looking forward to seeing your paint scheme Bill and thanks for the high praise!

Thank you Paul!

Chris

Attachments

• Right-Opened_01.jpg
    Right-Opened_01.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 946
I'll have the rear ducts, front brake and twin NACA air ducts installed to complete the bodywork. I don't have any information on the centre NACA duct to make it functional and quite honestly, messing around with cutting an opening beneath the windscreen doesn't sit well with me - better left alone!

Thanks for the kudo's!

Chris

Attachments

• Front-Details_01.jpg
    Front-Details_01.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 713

Keith

Hey Chris, I try not to comment line by line on cars on this forum as you not only tend to run out of superlatives it kinda weakens the comment if made too often so I reserve comments for members cars that (IMHO) are truly stand-out. Your paint scheme and body stance is second to none mate and I just love the attention to the historical/modern photo detail.

Thanks. :)

Paolo, Keith & Julian - many thanks guys! All of the positive feedback makes it worth the effort... time get going with the rest of my build!

Cheers

Chris

Back