More on door weatherstriping

I have weatherstriping on the spider where it meets the doors when the doors are closed. But what can be used to seal the bottom of the door where it meets the sills?

I found this at www.coh-barnes.com.uk. See part number 1467EP

83024491_cat01_0064_f.jpg

Thanks
Bill D

Last edited:
Bill,
I would think that where you place the seal is the most important thing to consider. For product, you might want to look at:
McMaster-Carr
Look under Fasteners/Sealants and click on Seals. There are 4 pages of every kind of seal you could want and probably cheaper than U.K. shipping/exchange.

Bill

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Bill,

I used angle ally along the sill panel with the same wx-stripping I used along the spider. I think it was 3/4" which I had to grind down the verical side (slightly) to fit under the door.

I made a piece to go straight from the spider leg toward the front and the a second piece which attached to the dash pillar (was bent 90° at the bottom toward the sill panel) and bolted together at the front end of the first. Some of the details are mildly visible in THIS POST.

The long piece will be epoxied to the sill panel and the wx-stripping is one continuous loop starting at the base of the windshield. We'll see how well it works if it ever rains in PHX.

Bill I ran a strip of u shaped aluminum along the rocker to fill the big gap between door & sill like orignal. Fuel lines ran through there & they sealed the door to it as well. then I used a scrape of GM a body door wetherstriping to fill up the gap. there are pics of rocker sills at this years run&gun recap of my car. Good luck RAY III

like chris used a piece of angled ally screwed to the chassis rail then used one piece of door rubber to go round the whole door opening . Only tricky bit was contouring the front to curve nicely to meet the pre shaped lip of the rf dash inserts which neatly match the door contours

Back