Yes, ANOTHER Ford GT nut from the USA...

Hello to all from another GT nut.
Original or replica, Mk 1 or Mk 4, 1964 or 2004, it just doesn't matter---anyone of them would kick my driver out of the garage.
I'm over 40 and was corrupted growing up by my dad's collection of early Road and Track, Sports Car Graphic and Car and Driver magazines. Not to mention the Bugeye Sprites, the MG TD Mk2 he still has from when I was 3...
I was always interested in the "big bangers"...Chapparals, Lolas, Scarabs and others. And of course the Cobras and Ford GTs being a Ford nut. (Dad had a 1969 Country Squire with a 390. What a boat. Sure, I miss that one. Every kid should go on family vacations in a station wagon.)
I have been drawing cars and building models since I was 7 years old so I have bunches of Ford GT kits, diecast, books, pictures and posters. My dad's garage had the 66 Sebring winning red roadster poster on the wall since they were new in Road and Track. All my dad's buddies were sports car type guys and we have had the privilege to help work on and be around some neat Lola T165's and T332/333 type vintage race cars(thanks Roger and Steve!) and weird stuff like Chevy 327 powered Sprites! You can never have too much money or too much horsepower and the latter usually will eliminate the former....!
I have always wanted to ride in a GT replica, I figured that it would be like nothing else. Well, forum member Mark Clapp sealed the deal this past weekend in bringing his South African built Mk1 and giving me a spin.
I'm hooked and it's time to start planning for the next project, something I can build with my son like my dad did with my brother and I and OUR FAMILY MG....
Besides, I have all these FE powered vehicles and parts and the ultimate FE powered car is a GT-40!
I hope to learn much about the ins and outs of the various replicas out there and purchase one sometime in the near future.
Thanks all for reading my ramblings!
-Jeff M.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Welcome, if your in your 40's your just a kid, I can remember my fathers 57 Ford Station Wagon, wish I had it now. It was the motor home of the 50's. One ride in a GT40 is all it took for me also. Enjoy

Jeff,

Welcome to GT40s.com.

You are going to find that their are alot of members with valuable information here on this site with technical and mechanical experience that will assist you when the time comes for your GT40. Great to have a FOMOCO type guy join us.

Guys, I'm so glad for you to meet my friend Jeff. He is a wealth of Ford knowledge regarding special vintage models and the rare equipment they came with. A true blue-blood nut that fits right in with this GT40 gang. Jeff, glad you liked the short trip; next time you need to drive it.

Back