P1004/1084? for sale.

It looks like its been modified for the Goodwood Revival (pre 1966). I hope at that price they throw in the Gurney Weslake heads!!!!?
Regards Allan

Yes, the car has clearly been 'dumbed down' to 1966 specifications (at least externally) in order to make it eligible for the Revival. Besides the narrow body and skinny wheels, one has to wonder if the later-style massive calipers and vented rotors were replaced with early-style solid rotors and little girly Girling calipers?

I would have to assume that this would have to be the case. Which begs the question--what happened to the later '1084' wide body panels, improved brakes, and etc. and so forth?

Revival eligibility makes any GT40 worth substantially more than a later, non-eligible car, so the seller of this car is particularly fortunate in that it had two separate and distinct lives, and could legitimately be presented in either configuration.

It looks like its been modified for the Goodwood Revival (pre 1966). I hope at that price they throw in the Gurney Weslake heads!!!!?
Regards Allan

And a full tank of petrol....

Man, you guys drive a hard bargain. You'll probably try to browbeat the seller into throwing in some wheels and tires too, right? ;-)

Heck, I was keen on getting that, but I haven't got $US 5.5mill. available this week.
Do you think they'd throw in 24 Hour Roadside Assist?

Dalton

Don, I can't figure out what's wrong with my PM box. You can email me at; datonabill at msn dot com then I can send a reply to you

I saw this car race at Silverstone during the 2007 British Grand Prix weekend. I was working as a helicopter marshal for the VIP's in the inner-track and managed to get some pictures of this car and one other GT40 from the pitlane. I will post them as soon as I get a chance.

I'm about to put some pics of this car on the Goodwood 2008 thread: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/worldwide-gt40-events/25473-goodwood-2008-a.html

Seems to have changed a little more since its sale, if it were indeed sold. The Goodwood entry shows it entered by "c/o Duncan hamilton Ltd". It was driven on the day by Richard Attwood - quite appropriate considering the venue.

At $5.5m however, you'd think the Bristish public would not encourage their kids to sit on the front clip for photos!

Back