sva prep

The car is now complete and getting ready for sva(paul will do windows once through test).

Has any one out there got for short term loan fuel filler cap covers,wheelnuts to replace spinners (jerry has offered some but need 2 clockwise and 2 anti clockwise threaded and he only has normally threaded ones)and then with a bit of padding here and there hope its finished

Anyone found a good insurance! quoted 900 for 1500 miles!!!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Huw
Insurance
MSM - see the enthusiasts magazine £25k value £300 per year - need to prove you have another car with full no claims (they do not take the no claims but will match it)

Good luck with the SVA keep patient even when they fail it - take the list of fail points and work through - it will pass on retest!

IAn

Sorry, cannot help with any of the bits, but best of luck Hugh.
Are you going to Exeter? Maybe you could relate later on the tricks to pass the test.
A trip out to Tavi for a cup of coffe would be a nice shakedown run!!
Always welcome.

Hi Huw,
Have got a set off nuts for vintage wheel hubs, in transit at present from the US,
When is your test booked for.

regards Bryn Jones ALLYFAB

TEST TO BE BOOKED AS SOON AS INSURANCE SORTED AFTER FITTING TRACKER AND CAT 1. ALARM AS MOST COMPANIES SEEM TO WANT.

MUST JOIN ENTHUSIASTS CLUB AS LOOKS LIKE A GOOD DEAL,

iNSURANCE VALUE?20 K ! REALISTICALLY 40K+ WITH BUILD TIME

Dave Collins

Supporter
Huw,

I have been looking at insurance for my RCR recently.

Footman James have come up with the best quote so far. Still waiting a quote from Hagerty to compare.

Dave

I agree dave have just contacted foot man -james and it came in at 374 for 1500ml or 476 for 3000mls ,this was half the price of a.flux and others. now just to sort the alarm and tracker system There are so many to choose from but looking though it will be a tracker horizon system. Cobraconnex was tempting where you could watch your cars progress on the net then the reality struck home cant watch your self when your driving it. the advantage of tracker appears to be the police can track the radio transmission from their cars and they seem to be the only ones using this technology as well as gps

MUST JOIN ENTHUSIASTS CLUB AS LOOKS LIKE A GOOD DEAL,

Huw,
Drop me an e-mail or download the membership form from the Club website and send it to me.
We have a number of insurance companies that will offer you good deals - unless you are a horse racing jockey/journalist/pop star!

Back