Superlite Coupe production

Pile O' chassis...this is the basic superstructure to the chassis ,much more gets added obviously.....these are a few weeks old (camera phone also..lost my camera for a few days) but as you can see production is well under way...rockonsmile

New suspension components for the BIG WHEEL guys too.....:eek:

Attachments

• door pics 008 (Small).jpg
    door pics 008 (Small).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,730
  • door pics 017 (Small).jpg
    door pics 017 (Small).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 2,466
  • door pics 020 (Small).jpg
    door pics 020 (Small).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,713
Last edited:
Just excuse me for a second I need a private moment with those pictures.
:pepper: Alloy suspension gets me every time.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Darn it Fran!!!!!!

Okay - I just updated my list...

That's the list of cars that I will own before I die...

I may as well just setup a payroll deduction to RCR.... :D

New suspension components for the BIG WHEEL guys too.....:eek:

Oooooh ahhhhhh...
Me like BIG wheels, me like rounded suspension components too, verrrry nice-ah.

Those chassis look like a nursery.... which kid is mine?

Lost your camera AGAIN? ....I'm going to get one surgically attached to your retna, will make updates more timely :p

Damn, one more I have to have in the stable! When I saw the yellow one at Carlisle, I almost changed my GT40 order. I guess I'll have to do both. Thanks for helping me spend my childrens inheritance, Fran!

You've seen yours ..remember??...
Brad was positioning the body on it when you were here...old age creeping in Mesa.??

If I spend all my time taking pictures..how am I supposed to make your dreams come true...?. ;)

Last edited:
You've seen yours ..remember??...
Brad was positioning the body on it when you were here...old age creeping in Mesa.??

If I spend all my time taking pictures..how am I supposed to make your dreams come true...?. ;)

Yes, I remember.....but I figured my chassis might be back by now, is it still serving as the chassis ''plug'' for the bodyfitment work? :p

Hell, a BORG like imbeded camera would save you all kinds of time! No more pesky downloading or resizing photos. With a special wireless connection and the prerequisite attenae (think My Favorite Martian) sticking out of you head you'd be able to beam photos while going to the bank, or picking up the kids from school! Multitasking taken to the next level..... :)

Nope its been back in the shop for weeks....waiting for those BLOODY BIG WHEELS to show up.....which they did on Wed. and we cut the new MONGO arms on Thursday so there......:p:

Just you wait...paybacks are going to be great when I can harass you about how long you are taking to build your car while others are driving theirs....ouch.......;)

Love ya really...kiss kiss.

Fran

Blub, blub, blub wanna see pictures of my baby's chassis, toys out of pram etc etc (and I mean a proper modern monocoque ;) not one of your old fashioned space frame thingies) Loved some of the bracketry though.

Its your fault for telling me it's in the corner of your shop...........

Best

John

A few new ones with the polished 10 inch front and 13 inch rears 18 inch diameter.....CCW forged wheels and Porsche cup Michelin tyres..ALL new rear control arms too...

Attachments

• S7300447 (Small).JPG
    S7300447 (Small).JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,987
  • S7300451 (Small).JPG
    S7300451 (Small).JPG
    48 KB · Views: 2,618
  • S7300448 (Small).JPG
    S7300448 (Small).JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,170
  • S7300456 (Small).JPG
    S7300456 (Small).JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,956
Do those new control arms affect the geometry? Looks like all the points haven't changed. Interesting design.

I have a question concerning the billet aluminum control arms in general: How do they compare in terms of weight vs. strength to tubular steel arms that are fixtured and welded?

Last edited:
Why would they effect geometry?
If they were weaker I wouldn't be using them would I....????
They are infinately more accurate in construction...

They are more expensive when they become the size of the Coupe but the performance envelope is huge and with over 200mph potential and customers installing heavily tuned twin turbo packages strength is paramount.

Just because an $800k Koenigsegg or Zonda does not use our quality of parts its their loss and RCR customers gain.....IMHO.

Last edited:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Oh my..........Fran you're killing me!!! The SLC looks absulutely FANTASTIC! You and your guys are really amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Dave L

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I really like the pic of the car from above ....

I really liked seeing it first hand. The wide wheels are friggin SEXY!!! Fran, you are absolutely the man. I swear, if you guys haven't seen his shop, you need to go. It's well worth the trip. Gotta see this stuff first hand, and actually get to tooouuuch it. hehehe

Back