Problem with Posting

Keith

If you have a look at "parts for Sale" thread, Pete has suffered a Multiple Posting Attack and I think is not just down to him stuttering :)eek:) but the inability to post with the reply coming up. I have replied but it has not shown, so I replied again thinking I did not hit the "submit" button but still doesn't show up, so there will be at least 2 posts from me which are there somewhere - just can't see them.

This happens a few times, not many, but I believe this glitch responsible for many multiple posts although I also like to believe it's really down to too close a relationship with Mr Bachuus and his crew... :)

Anyway, one for the Admins to look at - although not urgent - just irritating....

Edit: I think Woodz has just had the same problem with the thread: "Fed up with Chinese Tools" although it just could be the inscrutable ones fighting back!

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, some observations and not in a "mean" way.....

The multiple post issue seems to affect some folks more than others. Pete is one of those folks and I bet it is the latency with the server across the ocean.

I would be willing to bet the problem will go away if folks will positively click the "Post" button ONCE and never hit it again, no matter how many minutes it takes for the server to return.

If it were a software problem it'd affect 10,000s of boards around the world.

I have noticed that when I hit the "Post Quick Reply" button, it takes awhile for it to do its thing. To not double post, I skroll up tpo the top of the page, and hit the forum button, and continue to view the threads. That usually helps me to not double post or have any issues with the site.

Might help others if they try the above..........and then maybe not.........Cheers,

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

I have had several replies 'disappear' when I hit the submit button. Never to be seen again. What seems to happen is the reply won't load and I eventually wind up with a blank page. I can't reply again because the reply has gone! Initially I just gave up on the reply... I now copy the reply before I submit it, so it's easy to reinstate if necessary.

Sometimes when attempting to view something, a page takes ages to load or won't load. Possibly the problem is connected to that. I don't have this problem on any other boards.

This is not a complaint, I just mention my experience in order to maybe help you sort out a problem, if there is one.

I appreciate your good work, you have provided an excellent resource here for everyone.

Cheers

Malcolm

Supporter
If I see a delay in my nomal response times I suspect something bad is about to happen so I quickly copy the text I have just written so if needed I can paste it in again.

Keith

Thank you gentlemen. I suspect all we have to do is trust the "submit" button as the post will come up eventually I guess.....

Latency. It's a great word. My ex wife suffered from it a lot... :)

Keith

Thank you gentlemen. I suspect all we have to do is trust the "submit" button as the post will ..........

Just kiddin'! :D

Back