Superlite "Le Mans"

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Your thoughts Gentlemen......

Attachments

• superlite open Prototype front 3 quarter view - speedster.jpg
    superlite open Prototype front 3 quarter view - speedster.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,590
I love the look of modern prototype race cars. They are some of the best looking ever. The open cars look better than the closed ones (especially the Peugeot) to me.

Now, if you can make it a targa... or at least have some type of hardtop.

VERY ATTRACTIVE!!!!!

Neat treatment of the passenger area and windshield...

Do wish that stylist would have drawn the wheels and wheel wells in "real scale" that is with fenders that have suspension travel allowance and fender clearance, and tires that aren't just a 1/4 inch of rubber on the rim. Drawings like this can make you think the car will look very different than what you actually try to build. I think they do that to "sell' the concept and then when you try to build it, it ends up not looking like that at all. Detroit does that all the time, and then they can't understand why the clay model that everybody loved in the pre-production clinics doesn't sell.....

Also slightly odd detail ahead of the front wheels, understand it would act as an air extractor for the front brakes, but it looks a bit odd and would add drag, you could do the same thing with an almost invisible fender lip
Gurney" and you wouldn't see it.....

Still very very pretty....

Do you see it as a mostly "track" car or more of a street "speedster"?

The heat vent in the hood is too close to the windscreen as drawn, and is in the high pressure zone at the base of the windscreen. Place it lower on the hood for effective hot air evacuation and negative lift benefit.

Lets see.....reaching....reaching....nope-Looks all business otherwise.

what kind of estimated weight savings do you think possible in loosing the top?

When do you sleep?

Cheers
Eric

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Interesting thoughts ...if you view modern race cars the detail in front of the wheels actually creates downforce..CFD confirms this...check out the SL-C.

Suspension...who said we were putting suspension on the car......?

Manny...we are in Detroit so we are allowed to draw big wheels...;)

I see this as more of a street car...but being less may be more and guys may actually prefer this as a track car....you guys tell me...!!!!!

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....oops sorry.....

Eric,
interesting comment on the rad exhaust...we have lots of exhaust through the wheel wells too....

I also have louvres for the fender tops...but chose not to have them included in the sketch....too racy....:D

we are in Detroit so we are allowed to draw big wheels...;)

;) DOH!!!!! my bad, forgot you were in De'twa.....

OK, the big wheels can stay in the rendering....

Yes the reason that it creates more downforce is that it pulls more air out ahead of the tire and that air has to come from somewhere. The somewhere is under the nose and it lowers the pressure and creates more downforce. I was thinking that it is a bit of an odd detail that messes up what was a very pretty front end.....

And yes, the comment about the air extractor being too far back is probalby true, it is going to see high pressure from the windscreen (unless the windscreen is really raked back, and be less effective, plus it might dump a lot of hot air into the cockpit. Further forward where it can mix out with the free stream would be better...

Still it is darn good looking, to my mind better looking than the coupe, and I generally like coupes better...

Dammit Fran, there are enough choices out there without me having to choose between so many awesome cars from a single manufacturer! The Ultima GTR and CanAm really do nothing for me after seeing your cars.

I'll take one with the fender louvers, a full cage, and a full downforce package. ...and a coupe ... and a roadster... dammit.

Looks pretty nice, but I would be more in favor of an open top car with a high belt line and no glass... Just like the LMP cars right now. Of course, this would make a helmet or at least goggles necessary. But how cool would that be? Just think about showing up at the office with a helmet, and that cute secretary gets all excited thinking you have a motorcycle; and when she asks about it, you can smugly tell her "no, its for my car...”
rockonsmile

Fran, I think I see how you envision the rear deck like the Carrera GT. The rear "bubble screens" would be cool as heck.

Attachments

• carreragt rear.jpg
    carreragt rear.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,372
  • carrera rear.jpg
    carrera rear.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,363
Back