GT40s.com Server Issues

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
We've had some corruption issues with the database that makes up GT40s.com. Yesterday you might have noticed the server was sluggish and was down from about 7pm to 9pm. It is back up and running, but it isn't running well. I'm still getting some MySQL errors from time to time because the handlers are not available for GT40s.com.<o:p></o:p>
The core of the problem is GT40s.com's size and resource use. Simply put, the we're outstripping our virtual server that we are hosted on and we're going to have to move to a dedicated server box that is solely GT40s.com's machine. It'll cost more money per month to have a managed solution like this, but with the way the site is growing I think it is a logical move. I think can change advertising around a bit so that the revenue stream will support the new server. Not sure when we'll do this move, I've scheduled a move like this in the past but the time, effort, and money to do it caused me to delay, and, since the server seemed to be running I used the "if it isn't broke don't fix it" mantra. But, time is up, time to move.<o:p></o:p>
Some of you may be experiencing login problems right now. I am aware of the issues and trying to fix them, but there are some other problems that are a bit more pressing. Please be patient and I'll respond to your email when I can - please DO NOT create a new user ID to use. I'll get it taken care of but my hands are full right now.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks,<o:p></o:p>
Ron<o:p></o:p>

Ron,

Thanks for the heads-up and info update on the site. Your assistance in keeping GT40s.com on line is always welcomed and appreciated. Keep up the good work,
and..............HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Back