I guess getting excited and talking about it works...

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
So check this out...
I recently got engaged to my girlfriend April. Since we've been together we've established that I will have a street car, a fun car, and a race car. That is just how it's gonna be. Now, that being said, I've been broke lately so that's not been the case. Well when I popped the question my priorities have had to shift. They were as follows...

#1 - Job
#2 - Superlite Roadster
#3 - House

Now they are...

#1 - Wedding
#2 - House
#3 - Superlite Roadster

OK, that got me a little bummed, but it's understandable. Gotta look out for the family. Since my new fiance has a daughter, I call it my "insta-family". Anyway, April & I were talking the other day and we're really bad about keeping secrets & suprises from each other. We got on the subject of what we're getting each other for our wedding gifts to one another. We didn't want to tell so we decided to just tell the price. I plan on spending $3500-$4000 on a minature liver spot dalmation for her because that's ALL she talks about.
So I said, "I'm planning on spending about $4000 on yours."
She said, "I'm going to spend about 5 times that on yours. I'm going to have to take out a loan."
I said, "Holy shit! What, are you going to get me that kit car I want?" (that's what she knows it as)
"Noooooo" she said smiling.
The smile told it all. Then she told me yes, she is planning on getting me a Superlite Roadster as a wedding present!!! :pepper: Can you friggin believe it?! Do I have the coolest soon to be wife or what? Good God I lucked out on this one guys!! rockonsmilerockonsmile Fran, you'll be hearing from her in a few months. We're going to get married in August so hurry up and get the cars finalized. Haha

Laters,

Brian

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Great news
But very scary.

What are you going to have to do to make up for her present to you??????

This is going to leave you indebted to her for the rest of your natural life and into the hereafter.

As a man who has been there before always remember women have memories that last to eternity and they never let you forget especially when it is to their advantage.

Dimi

I'm certainly not the most financially responsible person, but I don't think it's a good idea to finance toys, particularly when there's a family to be provided for. Do you own a house? Do you have money set aside for the wedding? Do you put money away for your new daughter's education? If the answer to either of these questions is no I suggest you re-evaluate your financial priorities.

No offense intended.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Great stuff Brian!

Enjoy the moment.

Enjoy the car.

Enjoy the woman.

Enjoy the wedding.

Best wishes.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Holy sh*t! Fran, I think you best be making a friggin phone call and tell Brian he's got the coolest soon to be wife in town :eek:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Dont' worry guys. The family is pretty well taken care of. Daughter's education is not a problem. Fiance makes great money. I have a line on a job in her town with a new physical therapy clinic as an equipment salesman & instructor with great salary plus comission. Things are looking up for the Brian, finally...
Yes, I do have the coolest soon to be wife. I'm stoked. It's not really the money difference in the gifts, it more what we each want. With both our jobs that $20k will be paid off QUICK. Plus I can use the car at track days and take the whole family and let them each run around in it. I'll have a boost controller so I can turn it down for them though. Haha April doesn't know how to drive standard shift, and her daughter hasn't learned to drive yet. So I get to teach them both the fun of heel-toe shifting, power shifting, clutch bouncing, etc. in a really friggin sweet car!! I'm so stoked!! Her town is about 2 hrs. from Dallas & Motorsport Ranch. Plus there's Texas World & Texas Motor Speedway within a few hours. Also there's lots of open roads between each town to play on too. :D Now I just gotta find an '04-'05 SRT-4 drivetrain...

Laters,

Brian

Back