time to get ahead of the engine

Hi all, a new member here from Manitowoc, Wisconsin. After a long time thinking about it, I'm going all in and hoping to become a 40 owner by Fall 2008. Hopefully with enough time to take a couple trips to Road America with my son before this year's season is out.

Looking forward to learning from everyone; please let me know if you've got one for sale!

Small world, my wife is from Two Rivers. I was in Manitowoc/TR a month or two ago celebrating the making of a batch of Liebrau beer at Elements and at the Courthouse Pub drinking some White Cap also (are you familiar with these local beers?).

We have family that campaign at Road America alot - usually the vintage races - Chris and Carl Liebich - Motorsports Enterprises - taking care of Mr. French's older F1 cars. At the Vintage Races you might see a 40 there -

This site has it all - search and ask questions.

Mike

How 'bout that! Small world indeed, and yes, I know those brews you speak of. I am also a Two Rivers native, 40 years of age. Your wife may even know some of my family; my dad ran a drug store there for many years.

We'll be on the watch in May when the vintage cars run again at Road America. That's my favorite event of the year; so much to see, hear, and smell after a long winter. Lots of late model GTs show in the crowd, but 40s are less frequent. Still, it's the source of my inspiration.

Looking forward to using the site.

Small world indeed! My wife's maiden name is Liebich. TR born and raised. Her dad has lived there all his 86 years, her mom too. They owned and operated Two Rivers Beverage company, where he was the Brewmaster making Liebrau and White Cap. Any of that ring a bell?

Which drug store did your dad run?

By the way, we have a SPF GT40 S/N P2120 and love it!

Regards,
Mike

Hey Mike, yes that rings a bell. There was an S. Liebich a year ahead of me in high school (I'm an '85 product). Relation? My dad's store was Wolfe Snyder Drug, which has been reduced to a small counter in the Pick-N-Save.

Hoping to join the owner's ranks soon; your SPF sound like a great ride. Sure would turn some heads in TR...

That is my wife Sara! She recognized your last name as well. She also happens to be good friends with the HR manager at that Pick-n-Save too. She is very familiar with Wolfe Snyder. We are seeing her dad this weekend to watch the Packers win. I am sure he will know you Dad. I will mention it to him.

Keep us all posted on your GT40 acquisition process...

Regards,
Mike

Back