Steve
GT40s Supporter
Dave,

Leather or cloth?..What # car?

No problem with my leather so far.

How did the failures occur?

Steve P2125

Dave,

I've had the same issue with mine. I haven't had a minute to try to glue them, but disappointing nonetheless.

Michael

Yep I've had the same problem. I just try not slide down the seat on the way in and more or less brace myself until seated then lean back. I think I'm going to start carrying a tube of super glue for the repeat offenders.

Rich.
SPF GT#2200.

Seats are standard SPF fabric ones. Guess I'll just have to glue the problem ones. Thanks for confirmations.

Didn't the original cars have interiors covered in the hyde of genuine Nauga? As opposed to fancy-schmancy leather, or that weird cloth that SPF is using now?

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Mike,

I believe the race cars (FAV) had a nylon/ Nomex type fabric.. original MK1 Road cars as well as MK1111 cars leather.

FWIW my SPF leather seat grommets are staying in place (might be due to the fabric seats material being more soft and supple and easier to pull out of the grommet crimp than leather?).

Steve P2125

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Original cars used ripstop nylon. Not allowed today as it does not pass flammability standards and FIA bans its' use (melts to your skin in a fire and is VERY painfull to have removed)

The grommets pulling out are a plus and minus,-minus in that they come out, a plus in that it means the fabric has "give" and thus conforms to your body.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Rick,

Might not be original and maybe not best for racing but, I like leather as it lets one move around and not feel stuck to the seat...Also easier to slide in (I think that is the problem with the fabric; when driiver tries to slide into the seat the fabric material stretches more than the leather and the fabric pulls away from the grommet). In my case with the leather my grommets are still all in place.

Interesting to hear if anyone with leather seats is having this problem.

Steve SPF P2125

Back