Hello from Spain!!! please recommend me a dealer

Hi all, I want to introduce me, my name is Alfonso and I use to post in Club Cobra forums as owner of a 302 Backdraft Cobra...after many headaches I'm enjoying my ride here in Europe. Once my headache forgotten.....I'm seriously considering to get a gt40...I like very much the SPF MKII (McLaren/Amon looking) and I consideer to mount a 427 side oiler. here in Europe we need to title the cars as antique so it will be desirable to get a new old stock block or something were cast numbers are matching with 1966. here DMV asks for a 1966 chassis and a 1966 block.....so if the chassis is a GT40 p/xxxx and the block a 1960s-70s one, they could consideer it as antique.....we must to avoid any tag with references to the current year....

Any recommendation on the best dealers for complete turn key? (better close to the east coast to facilitate the shipping to Europe)

Thanks to all

Alfonso

Alfonso,

Superformance has dealers in the UK, and in Europe (in the Netherlands).

Here is a listing of all the dealers: Superformance | Dealers

From what I have read here, it seems like the UK dealer, and Dennis Olthoff are much better than the other dealers, in that they know much more and they are modifying the cars before delivery to the customer to improve them. I've met Dennis and can say for sure that when (not if) I get my Superformance, he will be the person I go to.

His shop is in North Carolina.

You should check out the Superformance portion of this website for much more information.

If you are going to be putting an 'old' engine in your car, I would hope that you would put a 427 side-oiler, or a 428, as they are mostly the same (the 427 is a better engine, but you can still get a great quality motor with a 428 block), and the 427 is what the car originally came with, so it is "right".

Where are you located in Spain? I travel to the Cadiz area frequently....

Hi Mike! Thanks you for your answer, I live in the north of Spain (Asturias), I will follow your recomendations, Olthoff is usually referred in the posts so I'm sure is due to all you've posted. Really I'm surprised about the differences in price between dealers...... I want a 1046 McLaren/Amon clone with Gurney Bubble, Left hand drive, Webbers and I'm considering both options Roush 427R and Side oiler (this last one increases aprox 10.000$). I'm looking for a Mark II based on pics, but sometimes it appears in my mind the image of a MKI with Gulf pattern....... I remember when I was choosing the interior trim of my Cobra and at first I asked for a beige colour..... afortunately I changed it for the black..... I dont want to fall in mistakes with GT40...... any recomendation on extra equipment (please dont tell CD or radio...ha,ha), fans, remote oil..etc? I'm only considering the Superformance, not the CAV or ERA, etc...... I dont know why but I've formed the idea that its the best option on rollers....isn't it?

Thanks

Alfonso

Back