Brake Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy,
I have a question for you, as I know you offer the Wilwood rear caliper as part of your upgrade kit.

Basically, have you managed to test it at all. I want to know, as I have them for my GTD and wanted to know if you have any recommendations during set-up etc to ensure it can get through SVA. Thanks

Brett

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Brett

I think the GTD type car may be a little heavy for the handbrake to hold during SVA test conditions.

Our cars are very lightweight and seem to be OK.

Thanks

Andy

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Andy, what exactly is the SVA test condition?
Brett, maybe you could test it beforehand at a local garage if it requires the roller equipment.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Frank

Our cars are approx 500lbs lighter than a GTD.

Wolodymyr

SVA conditions means they test the hloding power based on the weight of the vehicle.

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks, but there are so many variations with all of the developopments going on these days, I wondered if you could tell me what a finished Tornado weighs in Kilos, Frank

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Frank

A standard car in road trim with no weight saving options weighs approx 950 kgs

Thanks

Andy

Andy, thats a good weight, and as you say, considerably lighter than standard GTD, I have a Tornado in the shop in road going trim, I weigh it next week for comparison, Frank

Andy, good, I weigh must cars through the shop, interesting stuff as Gtds average 1150Kg, Superformance 1075Kg, some others just heavyweights, I will publish a sheet one day ! Frank

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Frank

I have seen GTDs as heavy as 2700 lbs or 1225kgs.

Whos TS40 do you have and what work are you doing?

Thanks

Andy

Been away. Andy to go back to both your's and Frank's point on weight. I don't have a standard GTD. I have a lighter body and have Mick Sollis's rear end inc uprights and also different front uprights, ally rad etc.

So back to the original question, have you managed to pass the Wilwood rear through SVA yet. Thanks

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back