Connecting the fuel filler caps to the tanks

I can not get any sort of tubing/hose combination to connect the filler to the stub inlet on the tanks. I have gone through numerous iterations and have failed.

The angles are not 45, so what can I do. I'm supposed to get my body soon and it looks like I'll never get it running

Bill....who regularly gets you out of your pickles?????

Pick up the phone and call your distress busters at RCR.....;)...but not until Monday...:D

I posted my frustration before he came in to show me what he did. He and I have been trying to get this to work all freaking day!

Bill
I used 89 Mustang filler necks flanges and welded 2" exhaust pipe with one bend in it to the flange. I used a 2" hose from NAPA with a preformed 90 degree bend in it to connect to the tank. I can dig up some pictures if you want. This let me use a perma-cap gas cap. Now I can flip the top and fill it up without removing the cap.
Jeff Hamilton

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,
If your son's idea doesn't pan out, check out what I came up with. It is posted in my build thread. You and I both have the same situation with the 1.5" / 2.0" configuration. I am very please with the outcome. It flows plenty fast during filling, as that was a major design criteria. I failed on that element with the Daytona coupe.....it won't happen again.. :)

Mark
The bend radius required is too much for that hose. I have that hose in 1/5" ID.

Rob
We are planning on doing something similar

Last edited:
Back