MK.II fuel filter

OK guys,
time to quiz the all knowing fonts of knowledge on here about the sources of original MK.II bits again. :)

A huge thanks to mtrusty on here for sending some great photos of P1046 at Classic LM over, they are superb :)

This is an excerpt from one showing the fuel filter used on the Mk.IIA cars
fuel filter.jpg

Does anybody know the original manufacturer, or if it was a Ford item which model is was borrowed from?

By the way Mike that is an awesome looking car you have there!!

Thanks for that Steve! I have done some digging around and it looks like you are spot on with that. Many thanks

Yes it is a Fram, and would have originally had a glas bowl. Glass bowls aren't allowed for historic racing now, so you can buy alloy replacement bowls to fit them.
These are still available new.

I'm not clear on whether the glass bowl is allowable for a UK MoT or not though.

It arrived today :)

fuel_filter.jpg

Many thanks to all for the input to help me track it down (shame about the Chevy theme to the box though :rolleyes:)

That looks exactly the same as the Fram one apart from the lettering on the top of the main body!! That has got to come from the same manufacturer or made under license. On the specs the Summit one will only handle 15psi where the Fram unit does 200psi (not much difference to a GT40 owner unless they injection I know).

Mine only cost $33 + shipping so not that bad :) It was NOS rather than from Fram but did come with a free filter element.

Last edited:
Craig,

Do you know if these were fitted to the later Gulf Cars or just the Mark 11's ? I'll get a pair if they were.
Cheers,
Martin

Back