CAV ZF speed sensor replacement info needed.

I am working on a members CAV GT-40 that is equipped with a ZF transaxle. When the right rear inboard axle joint snapped, the speed sensor was hit and broken. I am now looking for a replacement sensor but cannot seem to find one. It is a 3-wire(black, blue & brown) unit with a threaded body(3/4" x 2-1/2"). Overall length of the sensor and wire is 33". If anyone knows of a source for this sensor It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Ian Clark

Supporter
Thanks Pat, Hi Dan,

The part is an Omron E2E2-X5CI 05702 proximity sensor. You should be able to purchase it from a decent industrial electric supply. If you can't buy locally, I can send you one.

The colour code goes like this:

Sensor Brown > Car Green
Sensor Blue > Car Black
Sensor Black > Car Grey

There is no ground in this circuit, so do't let the black wires fool you. The ground is through the mounting bracket and sensor housing. It comes with full instructions. Hope that helps.

Also I have some tips regarding the CVs however since I'm a crumy typer and to keep it short, what do think led to the joint letting go?

Cheers

Ian,

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like just the piece I am looking for and I will let you know in a day or two whether or not I can find one.

As for how it failed, that's an easy one. My brother drove the car!!!! I am doing some basic "stuff" to Buzz Clarke's car and my brother co-drives it w/Buzz in the One Lap every year. This happened some time ago and he is just getting around to fixing it. I had to solve an on-going fuel pump issue, a fuel venting issue, tow hooks, door handles and some other minor problems. Next is a list including side view mirrors, alignment/corner weights, fuel injection cold start, some wiring and possibly side window modifications. There really isn't anything wrong with the car, but it doesn't get driven much and when it does it seems to be 5000 miles at a time flat-out! He just wants to make sure that everything is set and ready for this years event should they take this car.

Thanks again for your time and response,

Dan

Back