Targa GT40 resurrected, look for it in British mag

The GT40 roadster, sort of puke green, that Bob Bondurant crashed in
the targa in '65 is on the road again. I am waiting for a British magazine, maybe Classic Car, to have the complete story on its rediscovery and recommissioning. Though it has made several appearances in its last livery, green, it has reportedly now been painted white.
I can't remember the magazine that showed glimpses of it in green but it's either Thoroughbred & Classic Car or its rival and will be in the next issue or two.
I wonder if Bob thinks the car was rebuildable? It would be great if Sir John Whitmore were invited to take the wheel again as Bob's crash denied him the chance to run the car

Its the FAV 1965 Ford GT roadster (chassis GT111). Its been around for a while now and at last years Goodwood Revival I took a picture of Sir John Whitemore sitting in it. I think the colour is Linden Green and its being painted in the form of the 1965 Le Mans test car colours of number 7 white? Its used the bodywork from its sister car GT112. Our club the GT40 Enthusiasts club had the car on our stand at last years NEC show. It was found in a lockup on one of the Olympic sites in Straford London!!! I am sure the magazine will tell you more.
Regards Allan

is it this roadster? very nice pictures>>

In-de-verkoop-Ford-GT40-Works-Prototype-Roadster-3.jpg

In-de-verkoop-Ford-GT40-Works-Prototype-Roadster-8.jpg

In-de-verkoop-Ford-GT40-Works-Prototype-Roadster-26.jpg

In-de-verkoop-Ford-GT40-Works-Prototype-Roadster-13.jpg

many more here>>

In de verkoop: Ford GT40 Roadster | Autovisieblog.nl

and the video of that car made by some Dutch man and so in Dutch....is here>>

Ford GT40 roadster prototype | Autovideo's - AutoWeek.nl

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Isn't this the one that Gelscoe restored and that was recently at auction but didn't sell? Or am I confusing it with another one?

Back