NUMBER 1 almost done

Ok, the chassis one RCR car is almost done. Dean has been working on it heavily lately to get it ready for summer. He reports that Fran has been very helpful with upgrades to make it as close to the current cars as possible. Thanks to both of these fine gents, I will be in a 40 this summer!rockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmile

Cool,
Can you give us a little history lesson on chassis #1? When did you buy it? What are the differences compared to the currently constructed RCR40? Any pictures?

Congrats on nearing your completion date!

Fran and or Dean would probably be better to give you specifics. Dean called and asked if I wanted to do some horse trading, so I went for it. I know it went through Katrina and was unfinished. has a small block crate engine. I think porsche gearbox. not sure what updates they have put on it. I have known Dean quite a while, and if it passes his muster, it is fine with me.

This was sold to Mike and Larry Harvey...it is in fact chassis #4 but production #1.
We built three chassis to test prior to releasing the mono for sale.

The differences are minor ....I have supplied the new aluminum suspension arms and body mounting trays...along with shocks.

This chassis originally had tubular control arms and front and rear body mounts and Koni shocks..

Mike and his Dad,survived Katrina and Mike had a change of personal relationship and recently had a baby, so his time is now spent with other toys...ones that rattle and squeek....

Mike called me a few weeks ago asking if I knew anyone looking for a car and Buzz fit the bill......voila....

Buzz will have the RCR AC and new seats also.....

The car will be an RCR through and through......another nice build from Mr.Lampe

going white with blue stripes. Anything else you can think of Dean? I am ready for the little car to come home! I am ready for spring!

Back