WANTED 289 crank!!!

Looking for SBF forged or steel crank any condition
Bernie

Scat will make a custom forged with any stroke from 2.75" thru 3.50", I assume eagle-Lunati-Crower etc will do same. Any Forged/Steel crank for 289 @ 2.87" stroke will be aftermarket or cut down Boss/SVO 302 Forging ( 302 offset ground 0.125" to 2.875" stroke with 2.00" rod journal ( Small SBC ) or go all out to Honda journal 1.88".

Kevin Box

Supporter
Are you looking for an original and how much do you want to pay.
There is one in Hamilton (NZ) that I can get hold of and if you like i will chase it up.
I dont think it would be more than $200 NZ

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Peruch,
Where are you located (not shown in your avitar)?
I know I have at least one or two original cranks in the basement. Are you looking for OE or aftermarket?

Scat will make a custom forged with any stroke from 2.75" thru 3.50", I assume eagle-Lunati-Crower etc will do same. Any Forged/Steel crank for 289 @ 2.87" stroke will be aftermarket or cut down Boss/SVO 302 Forging ( 302 offset ground 0.125" to 2.875" stroke with 2.00" rod journal ( Small SBC ) or go all out to Honda journal 1.88".

All manufacturers are long delay,Crower is OK for ten and delivery next july !!!!!,I' think easy way is to destroke a 302,thank you for your replies.I'm located in France

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm with Jac - I'd offset grind it for a 2" journal.
Not personally sold on the Honda journals for anything other than a drag car..

Ford Motorsport/SVO used to sell a semi finished forging under p/n M-6302-A302 which could accomodate 2.700" to 3.300" stroke with 2.000" rod journal. Might be worth a look to see if still available. Would imagine that $$$ cost of final product would be high on doing it yourself on one of basis, plus nitride treatment.

Back