Battery disconnect switch

Hi,
Question for all is there a proper placement for the battery disconnect switch, or a location that works well. Any and all feed back is wellcome. Pictures would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Bob

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
No right answer. Is the desire for historical accuracy or for convenience/functionality?

Howard Jones

Supporter
If you only install one then place it inside the cockpit in a location that you can easily reach when you are all belted up. Assume you are hurt and can't unbelt yourself but can manage to flip the battery switch to save yourself from getting burnt up. Get the picture.

If you install two then place one as above and the other on the top surface of the body along the flat area in front of the windscreen. Imagine that the car is up against the wall and the battery switch is blocked on the side of the car. Or the car has backed into the wall and you can't get to it at the rear. You want it in the best location for a corner worker to get to it AND it won't get blocked by anything. In or about the NASA vent in front of the windshield would be my choice.

Lastly you can use a remote pull system with the lanyard placed as above.

Last edited:
What Howard said!

I put mine over my outboard shoulder, so I could easily reach over with my inboard arm and flick it off.

If I need to include a lanyard, it will be easy to attach a cable and have it come out on the narrow panel behind the door and in front of rear clip.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Here is where I put mine, the battery (dry cell rechargeable) is in the passenger foot well.

Attachments

• IMG_9056.jpg
    IMG_9056.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_9055.jpg
    IMG_9055.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 332
Hi,
Does anyone know where the originals were mounted? Jack thanks for the pics, nice looking car. Does anyone else have a picture of there disconnent they could share. Thanks much to all for the information.
Bob

Back