Kiwi M6GT

Hi All,
First time posting on this site so be gentle.I have been visiting the site for the last 6 months or so and thought it is about time I added my project.It is going to be a M6GT track car only.Front and rear suspenion is from/based on JZ80 model Toyota Supra,engine will be Lexus V8 with ITB's,headwork,cams and aminig at 350-380 reliable Hp(if there is such a thing)and transaxle maybe Audi 012.Still gathering parts at this stage so will keep you all posted.
One thing I have noticed about this site is the amount of help/ideas/badgering etc you all give each other and I look forward to the same.I have had the pleasure of meeting Russ Noble and Lim and there creation(it will be a weapon,photos do not do justice)as I live in the same city.I have included some photos so I hope they work.Cheers Leon

Attachments

• js1024_js1024_PICT0005.jpg
    js1024_js1024_PICT0005.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 609
  • js1024_js1024_PICT0007.jpg
    js1024_js1024_PICT0007.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 636
  • js1024_js1024_PICT0011.jpg
    js1024_js1024_PICT0011.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 556
  • js1024_js1024_PICT0013.jpg
    js1024_js1024_PICT0013.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 606
Hi Leon,

I know of another one of these in the Hastings/Napier area, dont know the current status or intentions of the owner but can do some checking if you like. Welcome aboard, dont worry about the gentle ribbing we give one another- Heck why am I worrying, you have already met Russ, he is one of the most cantankerous old geezers on here:)

cheers
Jac Mac

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Good to have some photos up Leon.

We really must get to see it in the flesh though. Thanks for the kind words. Leon is a scrutineer, I think you guys in the States call them tech inspectors so his car is bound to be nicely built.

And Jac Mac, not so much of the old, if you don't mind!!

Looking forward to seeing your progress Leon. All the best,

Leon is a scrutineer, I think you guys in the States call them tech inspectors so his car is bound to be nicely built.

And Jac Mac, not so much of the old, if you don't mind!!

A Scrutineer, Oh dear-I may have been too polite too soon:):)

& Russ, I didnt mind at all!!

Jac Mac

Well I thought it was about time I updated my build.I finally started on the basic chassis layout back in November.It hasn't progressed much more than what the photos show,but as they say Rome wasn't built in a day.At the moment I am working on the front suspension layout.I am using Supra uprights and will be making my own upper and lower arms.As I have been helping Russ Noble and Lim the last month or so at nights it has been great working with them picking up on little things here and there and inspiring to see his car progress in such a short time and really gives you idea whats invovled in a scratch build.
I will proberly update monthly or as I make good progress.
Cheers Leon

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 487
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 505
  • PICT0018.jpg
    PICT0018.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 544
  • PICT0023.jpg
    PICT0023.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 495
  • PICT0029.jpg
    PICT0029.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 488
Leon one thing and you of all people should be aware of it, Brake pedals etc, pedal MUST NOT protude past the centre line of the front axle when fully depressed
just a thought other wise looks great
cheers John

Leon one thing and you of all people should be aware of it, Brake pedals etc, pedal MUST NOT protude past the centre line of the front axle when fully depressed
just a thought other wise looks great
cheers John

Hi John,the pedals are not in there correct position yet,they were just in that area when I took the photo,proberly from when you know you sit it and make car noises and get the seat/steering position right.Thanks for noticing anyway,when I uploaded the pictures I actually thought I bet someone comments on the pedals.
Cheers Leon

No probs mate i wasnt insulting your inteligence, just checking. must say its looking good , where abouts are you in gods own.
cheers john

No probs mate i wasnt insulting your inteligence, just checking. must say its looking good , where abouts are you in gods own.
cheers john

Alls good John,funny as I checked some photos of the F5000's I have taken recently and some rear engine sportscars and NOT MANY at all would pass on that rule,strange ah.I'm down here in Christchurch.
Cheers Leon

leon, yeh your right there, Radical comes to mind as do a couple of others running in our class, strange how its not policed all that stringently.
better be safe than sorry
cheers John

Hi Leon

Good to see another Kiwi joining the mix. I've learned many things from the clever little monkeys on this site. Please keep the photos coming while your build progresses.

Regards and welcome

Cam
Auckland NZ

Back