surely already seen, but always so cool

Man, thats cool! I noticed the switch labels on the GT are the red tape type that you make yourself with a little "clicker" type tool. Is that how they where built?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Man, thats cool! I noticed the switch labels on the GT are the red tape type that you make yourself with a little "clicker" type tool. Is that how they where built?

Yep - Those were called "Dymo" labels - they're still around but I don't recommend them because once exposed to numerous heat cycles, they have a tendency to peel off... I've seen many pictures of the original cars and many had these types of labels in them..

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Great video

Anyone notice the rear view mirrors appear to be bolted on the side windows?

Van this give enough of a firm footing or will it be a vibration too far on the mirror?

Ian

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Regarding the rear view mirrors, I have done that and it works out very well. The mirrors need to be as close to ones eyes as possible in order to get the best use from them.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Great video

Anyone notice the rear view mirrors appear to be bolted on the side windows?

Van this give enough of a firm footing or will it be a vibration too far on the mirror?

Ian

Look like SPA mirrors - available from Pegasus Racing and others.. I've used them and they are very light and work well..

Wow! That is high praise! The F1 is the benchmark to me. To even compare them distantly is impressive. If you have to waffle, that is some serious praise.

She is wrong though, there is something more evocative than the GT40...

...watching a woman squirm with delight over a GT40!

Back