Jaguar XJR-15 anyone?

What was the deal with that crazy race series they had for these cars. All I remember is seeing them crashing around some obscure oval track looking ridiculious. All the big drivers were there. It was wierd.
Chris
GT Reproductions

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I was at Silverstone on that race day - immediately after a F1 race.

It was billed as a "Gentlemans Race"

Didn't look too gentle to me - they were swapping paint down the straights and I think 3 cars went off together into the sand at Club - all sustaining damage.

I note on the E bay listing this one was not damaged in the racing!

Ian

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I recall seeing a test on the TV with Tiff or Clarkson and their comments were less than complimentary about the handling of the XJR-15.

In fact I think the comment was worst handling sports car ever....ouch

They raced in the US at Indianapolis raceway park, of all places. It was such a joke, I was really embarrassed for our sport while watching that fiasco. Track was way too small (smaller oval with a mini road course section) the cars barely fit. They had no hope but to make contact. A Chinese firedrill it was, what a disaster.

Somebody HAD to have been fired after that one.

They raced in the US at Indianapolis raceway park, of all places. It was such a joke, I was really embarrassed for our sport while watching that fiasco. Track was way too small (smaller oval with a mini road course section) the cars barely fit. They had no hope but to make contact. A Chinese firedrill it was, what a disaster.

Somebody HAD to have been fired after that one.

That was the Fast Masters series and the cars were XJ220's not XJ15's.

I liked Clarkson's comment while driving the XJ15 about how dissapointing it was "like being offered a date with Darryl Hannah, and finding out shes a vegetarian"

Thanks Scott,
I was close anyway....they sort of look the same :). Either way it was a total sham.
Suppose I need to spend more attention on Jag products? I still have the image of Benny Parsons wedging himself in one of them. Not the best fit for good 'ol Benny.

I happened to be at the "Crash Masters" race at IRP, and it was just as much as a joke in real life as it was on TV...

I was given free tickets, one of my buddies at work had a son who was racing in an electric car race for college teams so we went out there to give moral support for that... Thank goodness I didn't pay anything for the tickets, I would have really felt "ripped off"....

Back