New View

WOW!!
Ron what have you done, I could not believe my eyes, a great new look to the Forum!
Is it just a visual change or is there more functionality?
Paul

Harry

Admin
Hello!

We are the authors of the custom skins that Ron wanted for the forums; we have also worked many times on tech tasks in the forums, like forum upgrades.

Today we upgraded the forums to vB 3.7, which adds many great functionalities; but I think Ron is still planning things, so I do not know what will be activated/implemented.

About the Skins, there are actually 4 new ones! Go at the bottom of the page and choose the ones you prefer. And since we do not want to take all credits, the yellow skin color scheme is mostly Ron's. We had used a much lighter color scheme (well, it was almost green), but it was not powerful enough for a website about GT40s!

We are still looking around the forums for things we can retouch. vB 3.7 first RC release came out yesterday, so we might have missed something. We will upload later new smilies and substitute the old ones that have bad edges or that do not fit the new skins - plus, we will add many more smilies.

I am also activating thumbnail creation, as it can save a lot of bandwidth , reduce loading times, and even server load. To make up for this, vB 3.7 includes lightbox. I know you are used to inline images, but maybe you will like the thumbnail+lightbox solution better. If you prefer, we can setup it to show the bigger image automatically when you go with your mouse over the thumbnail. Please wait a bit since thumbnail generation may take many hours.

But for the rest, I will leave the post to Ron, the one who hired us to do this.

P.S. Please do a full reload of the page or even delete your cached images; some browser will keep the old images and icons until you trigger them to fully reload the page.

Keith

Sorry, I find it hard to read and uncomfortable, go back ------

Just click the "Classic" view at the bottom of the page Frank...bottom left.. :)

I agree though, the colours are a wee bit strong for me. Getting old I guess, but the new style is fab....

On second thoughts, I quite like the Red MK 1 :)

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
WOW.. I like the different skins. The Black/Gold was shocking to see for the first time. I'm back to the classic view right now although the Red is a close second. I can't do the really dark or black background with white text. Too hard on the old eyeballs...

Thanks for the upgrade and choices!!!!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hey wait a second - Why is it now showing my location as RCR-40 #45? That's my car!

My location is listed as my car also, however it is kind of nice to see what type of GT40 people have without having to click on thier profile.

Ron and Carlito, great looks and makes the site even more exciting to visit. The main GT40s.com banner is cool. I just can't seem to figure out why Dean Lampe's favorite is the red skin?

Ron Earp

Admin
Lots of different views for all different types of flavors. I knew some folks would like the new look, and others would want to simple look with no frills. I'll write some more about the features and so forth that Carlito's team has done for us, but I just want to say, thanks Carlito and the development team, nice work!!!!!

Ron

WOW!! I get up and come to the computer to check out the forum, and I'm greeted by this incredible new look!! This is slick, classy, and great!!

Way to go Ron. It's a "10"!!!

Bill D

I like the classic look - the new one is too hard to read! Thanks thought for gussing up the site - the options let the user choose!

John
:pepper:

Congrats RON,

great new skins. I like the black ( because No 2 is one of my favorite GT40´s), from a color perspective, although it is a little more difficult to read.
But one has the choice an dthis is great as well

Thanks for making a good site even better
TOM

Back