BDRGT#153 Build Gallery

Hello,
Posting these for our customer. Rick asked me to add the photos for him to share with everyone on his account (could not figure out the picture posting). He is getting our first Backdraft GT under development with CAV/Auto Futura. Here are some preliminary photos of Rick's car with some additional photos of the other 2 BDRGTs in build. The blue car is making its debut at the Carlisle event next month, and hopefully the red car as well.

aak.sized.jpg

aai.sized.jpg

aaj.sized.jpg

aal.sized.jpg

aam.sized.jpg

aad.sized.jpg

aaf.sized.jpg

The other BDRGTs:

aaa.sized.jpg

aab.sized.jpg

aai.sized.jpg

aag.sized.jpg

aam.jpg

aan.jpg

Yes Bill , CAV is building some cars for Backdraft. The BDR GT comes standard with wide hips ,12.5 " wheels and any color with stripes along with the standard CAV features. I've watched your build site and I can't wait 2 see your car all painted. I'm better @ waxing than building so I'll just sponsor the event & the guys @ Vintage Motorsports will do the engine & trans . I've checked many of the build logs & hats off 2 all u guys & the great work your all doing.

Rick

BDR GT Roush 342 R
BDR Cobra Roush 402
SL 55 AMG
65 Corvette Coupe
67 GT 500 clone

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very nice!

Will you sell parts to others? That chin spoiler looks pretty nice!

Randy & Brian , I'm not sure if the CAV parts will fit your cars but U guys can talk 2 Jay @ vintagemotorsports.com .
Rick

Hello All,
Just some quick information on the new Backdraft GT for those who are reading up here and asking questions.

The BDRGT is being built by Auto Futura for Backdraft. As you all know AF is the current manufacturer of the GT known as the CAV. Through this partnership AF will be building GTs to Backdraft's specification. These BDRGTs will be offered in limited production through all the current Backdraft dealers throughout the United States.

The "official launch" for the BDRGT will be at this year's Carlisle Importe/Kit Car Nationals that runs from May 16 - 18 and we will be displaying 1 if not 2 cars. This of course is dependent on the arrival of these first 2. They are cutting it close, but it looks promising. Once the first 2 arrive, all the details as far as pricing and final spec. will be available.

As for the parts availability I would say that the only way to get the parts at this time is with the cars. We are likely not going to offer these parts to the aftermarket since it will be such limited production. Not a promise, but just the way we see it at this time.

thanks Mark , I've been checking your build site & your car is looking good also. Looking forward 2 some GT 40 rides together.My car is do in by mid May ? (I hope they hold that date ) I'm going up 2 Vintage Motorsports tomorrow. Is your car @ Rons yet for paint ? Let me know and if you guys are around I'd love 2 catch up and see your car.

thanks Rick

Rick,

I dropped it off yesterday. He says it will be ready in 5 weeks, so the excitement is killing me! I'll stop up there tomorrow and meet you. What time do you think you will be there?

That would be great Mark & I'll be up there around 11:00. That is awesome that your car is in paint. Congrats on all your hard work !
I'll see u tomorrow.

Rick

Congratulations, Rick.Looking forward to seeing this machine. The people at Vintage Motorsports are 1st rate-you should have no problems.One question:Who is making up the headers and exhaust-is it AF?

DAMN!! That is a sweet color combo. Hurry and get that thing back together!! I can't wait to see what it looks like!!!!!!!

Tks Al & the Vintage Motorsport guys are great.They built my Cobra also. AF makes the headers & Backdraft is going to ceramic coat them.BDR also supplies the trans axle.
Bill the car is set to leave CAV the 1st week in June (I hope) so if all goes well I should B on the road mid July.The BDR GT comes as a complete roller so all we have 2 do is drop the Roush & trans in. the car even has a complete detail before it leaves CAV.I should have some more pictures next week :thumbsup:

Hey Jay , just got back from a trip & it was a nice surprise to see the updates. Thanks for posting them . Spoke to Regg by email & it looks like the car should ship out next week ? I know we are about a month late but Regg said the Auto Futura guys just like to take their time & make sure everthing is perfect . Put the Roush on the hoist for the end of July !

Rick
BDR Cobra/Roush
67 GT500
05 SL 55 AMG
65 Vette Coupe 327/350
BDR GT 40 (soon )

Back