Lmp Replica advice

Hi guys , i'm not totaly sure that this is the appropriate thread for my querie, as its not a Lola, but a P-----replica, so if so ,say the word, no offence taken.
my situation is a rather confusing one , i recently bought my dream, a 99% finnished rolling LMP sports car chassis, that i intend to finnish and race, the car was designed and built to its present stage by an extreemly clever gentelman with all components of the car designed using Design Cad, including all the full sized drawings for the profiles to reproduce the WSC-95 body to fit onto it, and the whole thing put on a disc which was part of the purchase.
i was silly enough to mention on another forum that i have this disc and what it contains, and a couple of design Cad engineers have looked at some of the files and they are definitly the real deal.
now the dilema ,the interest from all points of the globe by people wanting a copy of the disc has been mind blowing, but i have two problems , 1/ i havnt a clue as to its value, ie the disc that is.
2/ should i even sell it.
the chassis is a space frame design, rear engined of course, and was originaly designed for a V8 power plant, so is capable of many different power plants to be fitted
a link to build pics of what i have to date here
stryka_01/Stanton WRC-95 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
that will give you an idea of what its all about.
the disc contains all files for just about every component of the car in both Model and Layout formatt, CNC files to have numerous parts manufacterd, all plasma profiles for mounts brackets etc, and the complete body profiles, basicly everything you would need to reproduce the thing.
what the thoughts gentlemen .
advice appreciated
Kaspa

Kaspa, I have only one cautionary comment- is it 'really' yours to sell? IE -did the original constructor pass on that right if any to you in the sale? Not trying to put you off, just that its been discussed recently on the forum in regard to liability etc.

One question, is there any significance in the 'Stanton' name in the title etc, given that the Stanton brothers have some race car history in NZ? A bit modern looking for them but you never know if you dont ask.

Jac Mac

Jac, yeh its a famous name alright and one i intend to keep for two reasons.
1/ as respect for the amount of work Andrew has put into this project.
2/ because the name is such an icon in NZ motor racing history.
and for the record Andrew is Maurie's son, who along with his brother built the Stanton Corvette.
in Andrews own word on the original add , "part of the value of the car is the disc", and my last conversation with him he said it was now mine to do what i liked with it.
He is doing a little bit off finnishing off work for me so next time i speak to him i will clarify things so there is no misunderstandings , so to speak.
cheers Kaspa

Jac Mac, re your question regarding intellectual rights to the disc, and do i own same.
well i just got off the phone from talking to Andrew, and mentioned what has happened re the interest in the disc, and he reiterated that it is indeed mine to do as i may without question. and he has no problems with that whatso ever.
so at least that has been cleared up
cheers John

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
What motor is that you're using? Looks to be a Subaru boxer 4 cyl. Very interesting and very cool project. You must start a build thread on it so we can all watch the progress.

Brian, yes it is indeed a WRX unit, but havnt fully decided yet if that will stay or not.
build site , i will keep the photo bucket site updated as work progresses
regards John

Back