How much is my alternator worth?

I drove my 271HP FB to the Bonneville Salt Flats last year and en route back to the hacienda I stopped in to check out the Shelby American Musuem in Colo. While closely scoping out a GT-40 with a plethora of spares lying about I spotted what would be a GT-40 alternator on a bench or shelf next to the car. It looked like a Ford alternator but was stickered "Rawlingsville Experimental" and was equipped with the 271 style steel pulley. Mine has an "xp" # stamped on it. Does anyone know what the history and current value of this item might be?

I drove my 271HP FB to the Bonneville Salt Flats last year and en route back to the hacienda I stopped in to check out the Shelby American Musuem in Colo. While closely scoping out a GT-40 with a plethora of spares lying about I spotted what would be a GT-40 alternator on a bench or shelf next to the car. It looked like a Ford alternator but was stickered "Rawlingsville Experimental" and was equipped with the 271 style steel pulley. Mine has an "xp" # stamped on it. Does anyone know what the history and current value of this item might be?

Lee Holman would know.

Back