New enthusiast

One big hello to everybody!!!

I'm Vladimir from Serbia (Eastern Europe) and I'm new to this forum and all related to GT40 (learning proces have just started). After a couple of succesfull frame-off muscle car restorations (I've just finished one 1969 Buick Riviera GS 430c.i.), I finally make up my mind to go with a assembly of one MKI (most likely car 1075 Gulf livery - my dream car, but I suppose most of you expected it, from a new guy). It will be the first and hopefully not the last GT40 in my poor country.

I'm still thinking between MDA MKI and RCR MKI. Prices are close, kit looks pretty same to my bigginers eye...

Please if someone could give his oppinion about those two suppliers, it would be a lot of help.

That's is,

Best regards,

Vladimir Atanackovic - Centar Boban Tuning

Hi Vladimir,
Welcome.
Before you start looking at the manufacturers, have you considered the regulations in Serbia and the testing and registration process. That may make your mind up for you. There will likely be different regulations governing turn key cars as opposed to amateur 'home' builds as well as certain specific rules about types of fuel cells, construction method etc etc.
I have an MDA, or at least I'm part way through building one. I'm sure there are lots of people who can chime in with opinion but I think it best you contact MDA and RCR directly to get it from the horses mouth first, so to speak. Take your time in making your decision though. Go through every hoop.
All the best,
Martin

Dear Martin,

Yes, I have already checked all of regulations and those are very liberal for kit cars. The chassis/body and parts will be imported as an kit for self-build and when car is finished it will be treated as an "home"made car. We do not have strict regulation regarding fuel cells, noise levels, emission control (my coutry is still developing, so currently we are pretty free do what we like). But on the opposite side I would not be able to import finished car or even a new car from States, regarding the differences in standards. Classic cars are considered older than 12/31/1971. So, in case od GT40, for me its eather kit or original car. The option is to purchase compleate car registered in US as 1966 car, but the prices are higher and on the other side I will not be in the position to make a car by my self (I see it as an honor and pleasure).

Regarding the choice of a kit producer, I was thinking as you suggested, to contact both houses and to find out what are the differences between them.

I do not want to take more space in this forum part, I'll make my post and inform all of you about my progress.

Thank's Martin for your offered help, I'm going to need it,

Will be in touch,

Best regards,

Vladimir

Vladimir,

you are welcome to visit me and take a look at my RCR first hand.
I live around munich. 1h direction south from the airport. So by car it would take you may be app 12 h ( it takes me 6h to Grobnik Racetrack in Croatia).

TOM

Thank's Tom,

I'll for sure make some plans and try to visit you and see your RCR. I have so much questions regarding the build and car it self. I've newer seen replica before, my only experience was on Birmingham motorsport show 2007, when I seen couple of original cars on Le Mans stand. So I have open question about finishing touches of each kit producers. We will be in touch, it time when I'll be able to visit you. OK? Maybe I can send you PM when time comes?

Best regards,

Vladimir

Back