Rear inner fender well

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Has anyone come up with a inner fender well piece for SPF cars? Seems like that would be smart move on the rear, just my short drives I have hand full of gravel in them. I also had to take the grinder to the front fiberglass inner fender splash guards, when you turn into a corner the tires rubbed on the bottom of them. Anyone else have same problems?

my front rubs a little also. It would be an easy fix to glass a piece in the rear fender to avoid the gravel collection, however, it does not seem to hurt anything.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Soon as I get the bugs out in the tuning I think I will make them, it will protect the fender well and body.

For a car thats rolling when you buy it sure takes a lot to get it that way. Lots of adjustments to the front and rear to mate up correctly.

Jack
Just because it rolls does not mean it is driveable! They all require quite a bit of massaging to get them right.
It will be worth the price of admission once you have it fully sorted.
Dave

My installer made an adjustment (not sure how or where) to shorten the turning radius of my MK2/2171 so the front tires would not rub.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Jack,

Used closed cell foam rubber; cut and sanded to fit and adhered with marine caulk/adhesive.

Pics below:

Attachments

• 100_0327.jpg
    100_0327.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 318
  • 100_0329.jpg
    100_0329.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 100_0330.jpg
    100_0330.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 100_0331.jpg
    100_0331.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 307

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Chuck,

Came as packing material with a bunch of parts Olthoff shipped me recently (think it was part of the ZF shipping box) but, anything like pictured will do.

Steve

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Has anyone come up with a inner fender well piece for SPF cars? Seems like that would be smart move on the rear, just my short drives I have hand full of gravel in them. I also had to take the grinder to the front fiberglass inner fender splash guards, when you turn into a corner the tires rubbed on the bottom of them. Anyone else have same problems?

Jack,

I had to trim the fiberglass also. It was rubbing on the suspension bar that goes from the firewall back to the upright. On both sides....

Kirby

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I see the light at the end of the tunnel, just about to call it quits on little fixes other than rear inner fender mods to keep all the gravel out.

Jack, Lynn Miner did an article in the “How TO” section that covers some of this issue. He used spray on bed liner on the inner fender wells in both the front and back. Seems to work very well.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
My son has a bed liner business, if I had a way to get the car up in the air I would have him do the belly pan too. His is the cold process which is like hard rubber, he does fuel tanks, fenders, floor pans for rock crawlers, basically anything now that no one is buying new trucks. I plan on filling in that cup area just behind the rear tires and then spraying them, I like the foam idea and then spray.

Back