I added the roundells today, what do you think?

gt4011001.jpg

Very, very nice Chuck. The roundels, the bullet mirrors, etc. give your car a wonderful period, and race, correct look. Going to be hard not to be noticed going to the grocery store for milk....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Love it Chuck!

I love the color combination too... Had a 2005 Mustang GT painted Screaming yellow and had the black lemans stripes on it.. Everytime I turned around I was being buzzed by Bees!
Your car probably turns more heads than a College Cheerleader! :)

I drove it down to Road Atlanta today for the Walter Mitty historic races, it certainly gets the attention. If course, there you are surrounded by people that appreciate vintage race cars and know a lot about them as well as replicas

it started to rain just as I pulled into the paddock, but there looked like a good crowd and there was the usual crop of wonderful cars. It realy is a nice course.

That CAV is just so pretty Gordy, every time I look at it I think it is the best looking car I have ever seen. Now if I can just get the webers tuned up it will be killer and one of the 2 will have to go.

Mike, they are the ones sold by Eric here on the forum, stick on. It takes a good 2 hours to do all four, especially with the black circles. They are seperate and you place them on after the roundell is placed, no easy task. The rear fender one is especially challenging. If I can get Eric to get me some in Wimbleton white, I will do the same to the blue CAV.

They look great Chuck, excellent job! No Eric here at Raceline though (at least not that I know of!) :)

I have 3 types of White in vinyl film but if you require exact color matching I can make the roundels in paint mask.

Because I don't have access to a MK II, the snorkel poses a challenge when installing the roundels/number so if anyone can make me a template of that area I'll supply a roundel kit free of charge for the effort. I've asked others but no takers yet.

Chris

Last edited:
sorry Chris, I do not know where I got Eric from. The roundells look very good and really set the car off nicely. How would I go about making a template for you of that area? I just dropped mine down off the snorkle, but it would look nice if it could be placed on the snorkle as original.

I am looking for a wimbleton white , which is an original white found on cobras anf MK1 cars. sort of an off white, but not tan

Hi Chuck,

No biggie, just wanted to eliminate any confusion should you need to get a hold of me. Might be tough to exactly match the material to the Wimbeldon White but I can mail you our swatch book to match. I agree that it would be more period correct to go over the snorkel and because I have gone to the efforts to make everything I offer as best/accurate as I can then it only makes sense to try.

I have made templates before for air-induction hood intakes etc and used tracing paper. The key is to soak the paper with water after you have positioned it in the area and press it flat into the base/bottom third of the snorkel with a paint brush and let it dry so you end up with a mould. Then without removing it, trace the base and upper third of the snrokel with a pencil or pen. Then remove, once it's flattened out you'll have a correct template I can clean-up and make a digital cut file from.

Hope that made sense, I'll make a new roundel from it for you and some other goodies free of charge if you're up to the task. Shouldn't take long to do-

Let me know-

Thanks!

Chris

Back