need a new 016

Hi guys,

Well my Audi transaxle failed. I have the 016 5 spd. Judging by how the car acted and what I have read, I think the case broke away as they all do. However, mine broke as I pulled away slowly. Go figure.

Anyone have any leads on where I can get another? I think I will make a strangthening plate for this one.

Casey

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Casey,

To my knowledge, I still have an extra 016 at RCR (unless Fran sent it home with someone). Jerry Jansing went through it front to back, and added the limited slip.

Call me. 425.330.0759 before 9PM Pacific, preferably NOT during the hockey games...

I have a fresh rebuilt 016 currently at Active Power in Madison, OH. Done by Jerry Jansing with new Quaffe LSD. Would also include salve cylinder. Price $2500, you can call me at 607-621-1330 or email [email protected]

Casey, if you want an 016 to just muck around with (beta test a transmission plate for example) then just go check local auto wrecker yards in your area - particularly, one that inventories european/german cars. You should be able to get one for a couple hundred bucks. You can also try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market If you want a rebuilt one with some ratio upgrades and LSD then the fine gents here can set you up or you can try German Transaxle of America at Home - German Transaxle of America and they can do the same for about $3,000 or so.

Hello,

Thanks for the help guys. It is very tempting to get a refurbished one with the LSD. However, I'm unsure if I can be happy with this gearbox in the long run and am not sure if I want to invest in a $2000-$3000 unit rather than experiment with a cheaper one. I'll give you guys a ring though and thanks again.

Sorry for the confusion where I posted twice in the wrong place. I didn't know it got moved the first time.

Casey

Ok, So where is the serial number on the 016 that have the "prefix" letters, so I know what exactly I have?

Casey

ok, so I found the serial number on the top of the bellhousing. I wasn't seeing it anywhere and wondered what I was missing.

Thanks,

Casey

Back