Parking Brake...

Hi Guys,

Anybody been fortunate enough to have received and installed a RCR parking brake using the supplied wilwood mechanical calipers ?

Can anybody advise on its performance .......like can you lock up the rears at ?? mph !!!!

There is some concern that it may not pass the UK sva test,although nobody has tried yet as far as I am Aware.

Cheers Stew

A modification I have heard of being used to improve the Wilwood parking calipers stopping capability is to use a softer motorcycle brake pad...EBC green sprint compound or something similar....

Last edited:
Surprised you guys don't step up to the IPS calipers. Very high quality piece. These guys put out some serious clamping force on the rotor, and frankly, make the Wilwood mechanicals look like :thumbsdown:.

Jeff

IPSCaliperbrkt4.jpg

I'm confused.... not really world news i know but:

Years ago when 4 point disc brakes started coming in on cars, there were problems the discs shrinking as they cooled releasing the clamping force of the caliper style hand brake, which in turn caused i little bit of movement in............well the whole car as it rolled down the hill.

Obviously the technology has changed somewhat with these, but how do they overcome the cooling issue???

Back