Hello to all

Well where do I start? Im not real good at talking about myself but here goes. Im 37 years old, two boys 12 and 11 and thankfully divorced. Im a motorcycle mechanic for a dealership about 50 miles from home. Been in bikes for about 20 years, used to work on cars but bikes are much cleaner. I used to ride some but sold everything I had when I got married and figured I would stick to cars from then on. About 25 years ago my dad and I bought a 427 side oiler short block at a swap meet and we intended on building a cobra. Well that never happened and I still have this engine that needs a home. Well after some thinking on the subject I figured I would look into doing something a little different, I mean everyone builds a cobra. So I think Ive settled on the GT40 thing. Im still doing searches and making phone calls and trying to do a little planning. Not real sure if the 427 thing is doable yet, seems everyone is going with small blocks, but thats not a problem either, I have a few of them sitting around also. But, I do like to be different. So here we go. Im looking forward to asking questions and getting this project going.

Welcome aboard, great to have another FE fan around, you might have to make your first purchase an engine hoist though- 427 is a bit heavier than the average bike motor:)

welcome Richie. 427so's are my favorite engine and it is a blast to drive a light car with one in it. Aluminum heads, manifold, water pump and flywheel lighten the load a bit. Your GT40 needs to be a MK11 or MKIV to match up with an FE well. Here is my last one.
motor007.jpg

Back