New build

I visited RCR on 5/21 with all good intentions of purchasing a MarkIV GT40 or a T70 Lola. The shop is like a wonderland for those that hunger for style, craftmanship and speed at a reasonable price. Fran was more than accommodating with my tour. I walked down the shop, checked out a P4, GT40, and T70 Lola. All gorgeous cars. The back door was open, and a sinister black car was in the opening. "What the hell is that Fran" It was a Super Lite Coupe! LS7, 3 gallon dry sump, Ricardo 6 speed trans axel, wide tires, 8 point rollcage, digital gages w/ data logger, power tilt and telescope steering, removable steering wheel, billet suspension, AC, a comfortable interior and more. The paint job was so so, and then I found out that it was just the gel coat, WOW! At this point I had forgotten just what exactly I had come here for. This is the car I have got to build, and so I am. Sixteen short weeks is going to be an eternity! I can't wait! Did I say I was excited!

Attachments

• 20080521_1.jpg
    20080521_1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 512
  • 20080521_10.jpg
    20080521_10.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 472
  • 20080521_11.jpg
    20080521_11.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 486
  • 20080521_12.jpg
    20080521_12.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 540
  • 20080521_13.jpg
    20080521_13.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 487

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
So I'm guessing you placed your order huh? What are your plans for it? Let us in on what you're going to build man!! I was so heart set on the SLR but after seeing the black SLC... I may be changing my mind, or I'll have to get both. :drunk: Fran's shop is absolutely amazing isn't it? Good job and congratulations on your order!!

Laters,

Brian

I saw it in person at Carlisle and it is truly amazing! I thought there was a waiting list or backlog on the car. Is it true you can get it in 16 weeks?!

Here are a couple more pics:

GT-40167.jpg

GT-40168.jpg

I plan to take it on the track occasionally, terrorize big dollar supercars on the street, and enjoy the car! Yes Fran said 16 weeks, and I will post the build. Thanks, Al

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
16-18 weeks at present.
Marks right,there was a back log on vendor supplied parts like the steering racks and windscreens but they are now instock and cars are no longer in the holding pattern.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I plan to take it on the track occasionally, terrorize big dollar supercars on the street, and enjoy the car! Yes Fran said 16 weeks, and I will post the build. Thanks, Al

What drivetrain are you going for, or have you made that decision yet? What color are you going to paint it?

What drivetrain are you going for, or have you made that decision yet? What color are you going to paint it?

A LS7 either Kenne Bell blown or modified with factory injection, and a Ricardo 6 speed trans axel. BLACK! I saw a 7 series BMW at a local body shop with the deepest blackest black I've ever seen. It looked like you could reach into the paint. The paint guy said that mostly all blacks have another color in them such as white, blue, etc. They tend to make the black less clear, or hazy. The Super Lite looks great in black.

I had the same reaction with the SLC when I went to see my 40. ALMOST changed my order...

BTW, we painted our Cobra a BMW black called Carbon Black metallic. It has a very subtle deep blue high light that really accentuates the curves on the body. It would be striking on an SLC.

Looking forward to seeing the car!

Fully agree,

I was blown away by the quality and design of this car. Just the gel coat surface is something other suppliers need to beat. Just polish the seems and go.
On the other hand the design, especially of the spider is a great move.
Also with a stock LS7 with stock injection and adapted catalytic converter exhaust system it would be much easier to get it street legal even in emission restricted europe.
Hats off Fran. This job sets you miles ahead of the others

TOM

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Fran, Thanks again for your time, the Thai lunch, and making that awesome car!

Thai Lunch!!!!!!

All I got was a Zip-Tie on a stick of gum!!!! :D

Welcome to the family!!!! :) It sounds like it's going to be one killer of a car... I'm still smitten with the SL-Lemans.... Maybe for the next one eh?

I had the same reaction with the SLC when I went to see my 40. ALMOST changed my order...

BTW, we painted our Cobra a BMW black called Carbon Black metallic. It has a very subtle deep blue high light that really accentuates the curves on the body. It would be striking on an SLC.

Looking forward to seeing the car!

It's been so many years now I don't recall the color name or code but this was a Sikkens brand BMW black on my blown modular bird

Front.jpg

Back