Goodwood 2008

Doreen and I will be attending Goodwood this year.
I will be crewing for Chuck Haines on a 68 Gurney Eagle Indy car(turbo 4 cam Ford).
Chuck is the gentleman I purchased my Indy car from and attends this event every year with some kind on interesting car.
I hope to meet some of the UK GT40 guys and would love to see some of your cars.
Dave

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
David

Is this the event over the weekend 11/12 July?
If so it clashes with the Le Mans Classic and a load of Enthusiast Club members are making the pilgrimage over there and will not make Goodwood

That said the 9th (Wednesday) would be the monthly meet it the Manor hotel in Guildford (fairly close to Goodwood) and we normally get a reasonable turnout - however I know a lot of people are travelling out early on the Thursday so again the turnout may be depleted!

If it is some other time of the year let us know and I'm sure some people will meet up

Cheers
Ian

I'll be there all 3 days covering the event for 'Performance Ford Aus/Nz' magazine and will obviously be focusing my attention on the Ford powered / related exhibits.

I'll drop by...:thumbsup:

Hi Paul and Ian, thanks for your reponse. we are arriving on the 9th and we will try and make the meeting in Guilford.
Ian, we will definetly see you in the pits.
Dave

I will try and meet you. Will you be in the cathedral paddock? Was Chuck Haines involved with the Howmet TX? Or is my memory playing tricks.
There is supposed to be a Gulf car display.
Including a GT40 but this could turn out to be P1008 Fords press car. It was used last time the FoS and the Le Mans Classic clashed. However, all is not lost another forum member MK-IV J-6 and the Pininfarina prototype 206 Dino will be displaying.
Have a safe journey over and I hope the weather is better than last year.
Regards Allan

Last edited:
Hi Dave, Doreen and Frank, I will definately search for you. Have a safe journey over. I remember a incident for me with another Indy Eagle at the FoS a couple of years ago. I was directly behind it's turbo exhaust when it started up. It was like being teargassed my eyes were streaming and I was coughing.
Thats one car I will never forget. I wonder if its the same car?
Regards Allan

I'm covering the event for Performance Ford - so will be there all 3 days...

A 'taster' from today at the Festival of Speed. (of the 1000+ :stunned: taken over 3 days)

ps - Dave, PM me a postal address and I'll forward a CD of all the hires pics I took of the Quad Cam Turbo - nice to meet you by the way and I'd be interested to know what the cause of the missfire was..

Attachments

• IMG_3771b.jpg
    IMG_3771b.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_3847b.jpg
    IMG_3847b.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_3881b.jpg
    IMG_3881b.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_3719b.jpg
    IMG_3719b.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_2765b.jpg
    IMG_2765b.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 337
Can you please take loads of the GT90 please please please. I have got only a few hi res shots but nothing substantial. I want really detailed shots from all angles.

Can you please take loads of the GT90 please please please. I have got only a few hi res shots but nothing substantial. I want really detailed shots from all angles.

Hi Ryan -

I would, but the Revival is for 'Pre 1966' cars, so you'll not find a GT90 there I'm afraid.

For a 'taster video' visit the Goodwood website and wait for the intro to download and run. (tip: let it download fully before playing it unless you have a fast connection)

Goodwood - Revival

So no mention of 1084 in this thread.

I persuaded the mecahnics in the F1 pit where the car was prepped (at 7pm tonight) to open the door and rear clip.

My son got to sit in it, and I got about 200 detail photos, though the car does seem to have had some rather less than original spec modifications over the years.

Most notable was the panel fit around the rear clip, and the ubdulations in the panels generally. AAnyone spending hours getting panel gaps even and the GRP laser flat, you're wasting your time if originality counts!

Great car even if the Earl did decide to take the 917 up the hill instead.

GT90 looked as awful as ever. Only the Ford Pop next to it looked worse.

Hi Dave and Doreen. What with my slow walking I only made the Indy Eagle at around 5:30 on the Saturday. I did speak to Chuck Haines. I hope you and Doreen had a great time and a safe journey home. Another person I missed by half an hour was Eric Broadley.
Regards Allan

We had a great time at Goodwood!
There were many famous cars and drivers in attendance, Stirling Moss, several old time Nascar guys and while we were waiting to get on the hill we had a great conversation with Bobby Unser.
An incredible event.
Frank Catt and I were able to prep the the Indy car and keep it going most of the weekend, it only caught fire once and we were able to get it to run on the 8 available cylinders most of the time!
This car was built by Smoky Yunick and received quite a bit of attention from the crowd,
he is as well known over there as he was here.
Enjoyed working with Frank Catt and the "Professor" and met several UK GT 40 guys.
Next time we go I hope it will be with our own car.
I have included some pictures for the GT90 guy and the Pantera pukes as there was a very interesting Pantera there that most of us have only seen photos of, this was the prototype of the 1976 Pantera ( if Ford would have continued with Detomaso).

Attachments

• CIMG0128.jpg
    CIMG0128.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 314
  • CIMG0126.jpg
    CIMG0126.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 283
  • CIMG0112.jpg
    CIMG0112.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 285
  • CIMG0114.jpg
    CIMG0114.jpg