Le Mans Classic GT40 Entry List

Hey guys,

The formal entry list for Le Mans Classic has been released:

http://www.lemansclassic.com/2008/uk/pdf/LMC_2008-entry_list.pdf

There are currently three GT40 Mk Is and one GT40 Mk II entered. However, there is also an (unpublished) standby list; a number of approved entries won't be ready on the day, and so it seems likely that at least one or two more GT40s might be substituted.

As for me, I'll be serving on the small but enthusiastic pit crew of the 1972 Pantera Gr4 owned/driven by Patrick Hals, known as the Candy car because of its 1980s sponsorship by the Candy electronics firm:

deTomaso2.jpg

If you're there, stop by and say hello!

The list I see from that link has quite a few more - or are you casting aspersions as to the originality of the others !!!

Bloody hell! I failed to note that the GT40s are running in two separate classes! There are NINE of them in Plateau 4 in addition the four in Plateau 5.

Why would anybody be anywhere else that weekend? :thumbsup:

Mike, you have the life!
Lemans is on my to do list, I want to ship the GT over in 2010 and drive there with the UK guys.
Have fun at Lemans, I will be at Goodwood.
Dave

Mike, you have the life!
Lemans is on my to do list, I want to ship the GT over in 2010 and drive there with the UK guys.
Have fun at Lemans, I will be at Goodwood.
Dave

Dave,

When the time comes let me know; you might as well do a two-fer and go to both Le Mans proper, and the Le Mans Classic. There are numerous other events which are equally worthwhile. If you are going to the expense of shipping the car over, you might as well maximize your enjoyment of it!

I was planning on taking 2009 off of work and just traveling and playing (mostly), but if your car is over there in 2010 and you'd be interested in sharing expenses for some of these events, I may have to delay my return to the workforce a bit longer. :laugh:

Do you have storage in Europe lined up yet?

Dave,
That has been a dream of mine as well. Depending on the dates, I would like to seriously consider it . I have recertification boards that year, so it will depend on the dates. Keep me in mind as you start your plans. All major expenses should be done by that time(I hope!!). Would like to take some time off and do some traveling.

Bill

Back