LRP Construction Pics

Man to hear those guys on that thread whine about how they didn't feel "safe" going arond there, what a bunch of WUSSIES!! I mean what do they want, a Sunday drive on the freeway? To me the character and quirks are what make a track great. Then not only is it man and machine against man and machine, but man and machine against track. After all if you don't get that feeling that you get when you're leaning back in a chair and go a little too far every lap, then why are you even wasting tires and gas? Liked it the way it was, sure it will be fine new and "improved", but it will take a while to build it's true character again.:embarassed:

Scott, I hope they leave your old camping spot. You may not find it anymore. Will all that work be done by July 11? I'll miss the old track! My first race was there.... and it was in the rain!

FRP,

I hope the paving will be done!

Really, it will have to be finished paved before the 11th :shocked:.

I have to be there early AM on the 10th just to get a good spot.

Are you going?

S

Scott, I hope to go if my Daytona Coupe stops falling apart. I have some front suspension problems that need to be re-designed and the fuel pump is starting to sound like a wolf dying. I've gone through three Holly fuel pumps. They seem to destroy themselves after about three thousand miles. Do you have a parking spot at your camp site?

Hi Bill,

Yes we can squeeze you in ...... if you bring the Lobsta's :stunned:!

Only kidding Bill. Look forward to seeing you.

Cheers,
S

Man to hear those guys on that thread whine about how they didn't feel "safe" going arond there, what a bunch of WUSSIES!! I mean what do they want, a Sunday drive on the freeway? To me the character and quirks are what make a track great. Then not only is it man and machine against man and machine, but man and machine against track. After all if you don't get that feeling that you get when you're leaning back in a chair and go a little too far every lap, then why are you even wasting tires and gas? Liked it the way it was, sure it will be fine new and "improved", but it will take a while to build it's true character again.:embarassed:
LRP is a beautiful track for sure. I've been there as a spectator countless times and it's almost ideal for spectators, but I've also been there twice as a competitor and it was real scary. That's partially because I can't afford to crash my car but I also feared for my safety. If that makes me a wuss them I'm a wuss, but it's possible to enjoy speed without enjoying danger. I don't enjoy danger and to me it seems strange to enjoy danger, especially since I became a parent.

LRP is unsuitable for Indy cars or F1 for a variety of reasons, but even if they fixed all the other problems they would still need to make it safer to attract F1. I guess F1 drivers are wussies too?

To my knowledge, LRP has a pretty good safety record. There was no need to alter the track IMO.(Limited runoff in the diving turn the only exception). The F1 comparison isn't a valid one for a myriad of reasons. LRP will not be holding an F1 race anytime soon.

The only track I have been to that MAY qualify for an American F1 would be Utah. That facility is amazing. One visit there as a competitor and the other tracks pale in comparison. Unfortunately because of all the track options and state of the art safety devices, spectating at the track, or even being able to see what is happening down the straight in front of pit lane is relagated heavily to the TV monitors. The "flatness" of the track also doesn't give it much character, but the support facilities are second to none.

If you can't afford to wreck it, you shouldn't be racin it.

Some of us poor guys wanna do track events too.

So buy a club car (no not a golf cart) and go out and drive the wheels off it. Money doesn't change the experience much, it just determines how fast you go, and how much it costs to fix!

Truthfully, the best racing for the $$ is in a 100cc go cart. They're a little dangerous on the bigger tracks and as one gets bigger and older, but the experience is just about the best wheel to wheel racing most people will ever have, no matter how much $$ they spend. If going home to your family and big tracks are what you want, the club racing will fit the bill very nicely. An entire season can be done for a few thousand $$. Now if big tires and loud V8s are your thing, then parade laps are appropriate for the majority of us. I have been to 170 on a track, and I can tell you that it was more comfortable than the 120 in my club car, but that was a modern race car, something these kit cars aren't. There are very few people, myself included, that should be driving over 150 mph in close proximity to other vehicles. Especially if you can't afford to destroy your equipment. "A mans got to know his limitations"

Back