track day 12th August Silverstone GP circuit

Malcolm

Supporter
If you are interested to join in or just come to watch, I am trying to put a group of us together to all go to Sivlerstone on 12th August for a track day using the full GP circuit. Eight half hour sessions is the format for the day. I have contacts for tuition if you want some, and I am not limiting this invitation to only 40s so if you have something else of interest why not dust it down and join in? The idea is to get enough guys and gals together to have a triple garage to ourselves. Cars so far could include GT40, Prosport 3000, Porsche 996 GT3 RS, Ariel Atom, Viper, Mazda MX5 etc etc

Contact Goldtrack on 01327 361361 who are organising the day and post here to say you are coming.

So who's going then??

This will make a great day out and members of the GTD40 Car Club get a very special rate for registration as passengers (pm for details), so you never know, you might be able to blag a ride too...

I, for the first time in a long time have registered as a driver - having been offered a drive.. :thumbsup:

Should be Fun!

Oh dear - would have come, probably in the Radical as the GT40 isn't painted yet, but will be on holiday in Spain at that time.

Have fun.

Chris

Malcolm,

As i,ll be coming back down from Pageant of Power event on Monday i may as well stop off at Silverstone with the 917 and get some resetting and testing in for the following months race at Spa ...... providing its a "noisy" day.

I shall call Goldtrack and find out.

Oh dear ......

Melindi from Goldtrack came back to me this morning with the news that it is not a noisy day.

105db @ 3/4 Revs........ Just no way that my 917 can get down to that level without some serious and power absorbing "tin cans and Brillo pads". There is always a lot of surplus noise from a non water jacketted and very open type rear end car.

Sorry chaps, but we will not be there with you.

Graham @ GTA.

Malcolm

Supporter
Sorry you can't make it Graham, it would be great to see your 917 in action. Noise will be close on my Prosport so a bit of silencer repacking required before I go.

I'm already booked on event with my 430 challenge.

Although still high on the success of Mick getting my Southern GT through the SVA, it still needs some TLC and paint before its public debut.

Well - A fun day, despite intermittant rain.

:thumbsdown: Downside: Malc unfortunately ran into problems with his Prosport 3000.

:thumbsup: Upside: I took Bjorn's GT3 Comp Coupe out for the first time (and it was wet!) - What a blast!!:pepper:

After a couple of laps to remind me of the corners (not driven there for 10+ yrs) I really started to enjoy it. Awesome power, even more amazing Brakes :stunned: and a few Porsche 911 scalps en-route. Allright, I was not ballistic, but I loved every minute of it - Thanks Bjorn/Nads.

Matthew's Busa Powered Ariel Atom was something else too. Still has a few teething problems with the dry sump system to iron out but is already seriously quick. (anyone with 'bike powered, dry sumped experience, please pm me).

Charles was getting to grips again with his GTD for the first time this year and Glen and Tammy were once again enjoying the Mazda MX5. Glen clearly itching for the day that he starts tracking his newly completed Southern GT....

A few pics. Sorry for poor quality but it was raining at times.

Attachments

• aIMG_5467.jpg
    aIMG_5467.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 270
  • aIMG_5476.jpg
    aIMG_5476.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 260
  • aIMG_5477.jpg
    aIMG_5477.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 284
  • aIMG_5487.jpg
    aIMG_5487.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 226

Malcolm

Supporter
Low oil pressure is a bummer! Better to switch off the car than risk a grenade! My video worked for the only real session I had in the Prosport (will post a link once it is processed) and from that I can't see any early warnings that I missed so maybe once we start to investigate a simple solution might be found. I doubt it but you have to think positively about these things or you get really p****d off! Hey ho....

Thanks for your help today Paul, very kind of you to be there for me.

Matthew's Atom is quite a hoot! Got quite soaked by the rain but I had a good lesson in car control from Matthew.

With John's 996 GT3 RS as well, we had a great garage full of top cars with a good bunch of people.

Ian, saw a 430 challenge car, was that you? You should have come and said hi! Or if you did, sorry I missed you.

Hey Malc - how come you've gone all 'American' according to your flag..:laugh:

Also - a couple of pics just received from Bjorn of me in the coupe....

Told you it was wet!

Attachments

• p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 262
  • p7.jpg
    p7.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 280
Ian, saw a 430 challenge car, was that you? You should have come and said hi! Or if you did, sorry I missed you.

That was me. Sorry to not catch up but in additon to the weather I was setting up my internal video system and had a guest with me. Spent the non-track time racing between the technology park (where car is stored and serviced) changing tyres and fiddling with wires, cafe adding ballast, nipping to GPR to get helmet and finding guests to take out on track.

Once I do some editing I will post links of videos.

I remember that lap...
The camera gives you no perception of the cornering forces.
Thanks for the ride. Hope the Oil pressure problem turns out to be something minor.

Martin

Back