Front body

Chrashed my car today on the top to the left upper corner of the Raidillion in Spa.

Felt like Mc Quine in the movie crach of Le Mans but car is luckilly ok, except front body seriously damaged.

Anyone in the UK or Continent that has a new or second hand one ?

I can do a quick fix for Le Mans Classic but need to be replaced in time.

Rgds
Fred

Malcolm

Supporter
Sorry to hear of your dilemma Fred. The only spare front section I have has had the same treatment yours has! Unless we can glue the two halves together to make a whole.....

Fred,

Do you really need whole front or can you graft in a section. I,m sure this community can help you out with parts to repair. Like Malcolm, i have front sections in different stages of damage and if you can patch in a section then you can keep your repair costs to a low level.

Graham.

Hi Fred

I can get a new front section made for you if you wish in about 7 days.

Regards

Chris.

Sad for this Fred,
Thanks god u didnt suffer any pain in such crash.
That point is too nice and too dangerous (think it is Stefan Bellof ending place).

restore the 40 asap...she is a race car, so used to those little problems.

Hi Fred,

Already spotted a picture of your GTD after the crash and although it is always something you want to avoid the damage doesn't look too bad.

Good luck with the car.

John

PS. Hope you don't mind me posting this picture...

Attachments

• S7301373%20%28Medium%29.jpg
    S7301373%20%28Medium%29.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 319
Hi Folks,

I am impressed about the pic you published as I only sent it by MMS to my kids and friend.

Malcolm, seems like we all have same syndrome of the front ...

Paolo,
Be my guest next tilme in the car on that place of the track; it is the most exicting and beautifull corner I used to race when I was young...even on Italian tracks (I loved Muguello)

I will repair existing cover for Le Mans but seems lile to replace later in the year.

Except my neck, everything should be like I was 20 years ...

See you in Le Mans.

Rgds
Fred

Malcom,

or the friend or the 'big brother watching you'

but honnestly , I dont care too much as it only brings this GT40 community closer

with exception of my wife who really was the last one to know and see about it (credit....credit ... credit points lost...but another friend told me one day...you may try to be in positive points with your wife, but at the end, the positive point are burning 3 times quicker than catching the negative ones to come back to zero ...)
not sure if everyone followed but I tend to agree based on experience...

Fred

Back