SLC 001 Ready For Delivery

Well guys, the time I (and many of you) have been waiting for has arrived......
In the words of Fran Hall, RCR SLC Production Chassis #1 is "sitting here ready to be picked up". Awesome!, <pencil in your favorite word for, great!>

Over a year ago, I viewed a promising looking pile of parts, a bare chassis, a body plug and some nice interior drawings by Mike Moore that would become ''the yellow car'' shown at Carlisle. I was impressed enough to be the first to plunk down a deposit. Along around Christmas there was a word that the car might be ready, but additional development (good) and supplier delays (bad) put an end to that possibility.
I have only seen the result of the additional development in the photos of the black LS7 equipped prototype. The pics that have been posted by RCR and others that have been mailed to me by forum friends have been impressive, in addition most of you say the car is even more impressive in person.

Since my original posting describing my intentions for SLC 001 a number of things have changed. Two of them being - my time available to build the car has shortened and the RCR crew has done a great job on the comprehensiveness of the LS7/Ricardo installation. This being the case it made good sense to change my plans and opt for the LS7/Ricardo engine as in the black car. RCR offering the Ford GT/Ricardo flywheel, clutch and starter package for sale made it that much easier. I see from the updated site there is now a updated spec sheet - I had already selected, the fold down side glass, FIA fuel cell and the sway bar set.
I still plan to use 18"front/20"rear dia wheels for street and 18"/18" for the current Dunlop "LeMans Prototype" size slicks for the track, which may cause some body wheel opening modifications to be needed. I would like to have tried a center lock option on the wheels but at this time is looks like that would hold up progress too long, we'll see. I plan to get the car together enough to apply for registration come Jan 1. with the good old California DMV.

In the future there is a good possibility that the finished car will be the main attraction at a major automotive paint company booth at SEMA in 2009. That would be cool, eh? I'll update you all on that as the deal becomes clearer.

I have some business I could tend to in the area so I may try and get over to RCR this week to pay my bill, get the crew together for pictures and lunch. To basically take a few minutes out of our busy lives to document and celebrate the delivery of the first production example of the much anticipated RCR SLC. The culmination of a dedicated lengthy effort by Fran Hall and the crew at RCR part to bring a completely new original high performance offering to market.

With much anticipation,
Rob

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I am looking forward to Rob getting his car...so the West Coast guys have something new to play with...

As Rob has mentioned the procrastinated build has had it advantages as he now has a modern engine and transaxle package...no Big Block.....:laugh:.

What's great is that two LS7/Ricardo cars have already left and three other SL-C's will be leaving this week too .....even one to Australia...

I thank Rob for his patience with myself , staff and unfortunately vendors...but you will wet yourself when you see it..Mr. Mesa...:thumbsup:

You had better let me know when you are coming as we have a hell of a week ahead of us.....
I will also be out of the Country for a couple of weeks from 5-21st July..so make it snappy...

Last edited:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Rob! I know you've had a bit of a wait but speaking as one who has seen the production version of the SLC I know you won't be disappointed. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on the car once you have it in hand. I only wish I could accept mine!
Enjoy!
Dave Lindemann

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Dave,
as soon as you are moved in ...its all yours Baby

(hope Dave doesn't mind...but he lost his house in one of the recent tornados and has nowhere to put his new toy)

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
congrats. RCR and Rob on 001.

It would be great if you and any other new owners coming soon, will maybe find time to keep some sort of "owners / build log" within this section.
I am sure any information in form of pictures or write ups will only add to improve the whole.

well done and have fun.
craig

Sorry boys I don't have any pictures. I am trying to get out to see the crew and the car later this week and for sure there will plenty taken. Oh, the color is not much to get pumped about..... light gray mainly because I have not picked the color combo yet and I didnt want the car - one color and when the paint chipped for the first time have a different color showing through. Everyone knows primer is gray (selected before the standard list was established) - white would have been the second choice.

Fran - Most likely day would be wed or thurs, I'll let you know asap.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Sorry boys I don't have any pictures. I am trying to get out to see the crew and the car later this week and for sure there will plenty taken. Oh, the color is not much to get pumped about..... light gray mainly because I have not picked the color combo yet and I didnt want the car - one color and when the paint chipped for the first time have a different color showing through. Everyone knows primer is gray (selected before the standard list was established) - white would have been the second choice.

Fran - Most likely day would be wed or thurs, I'll let you know asap.

Grey huh... How bout CHROME?!

Alsa Corp | 50 Cent MirraChrome Lamborghini

:stunned:

FYI
the Alsa Corp. Chrome requires taking the entire body to at least 2000 grit & polish for reflectivity after the paint is applied. It is very expensive and almost impossible to
repair properly (chips, etc.). Tried this once.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
It would still look pretty crazy. Chrome SLC cruising down the road, blinding everyone. LOL Need to have some :coolgleam:

Sorry Fran,
I've been all over the place this afternoon, I moved my schedule around and can be there bright and early tomorrow (I'm steath mode while typing this) soon as I get out from under I'll be able to return your calls from this afternoon.

BTW: I want to talk to the shipper before he picks up my car - please forward his # so I can confirm insurance, transit and delivery info.

call you in a few
Rob

Well here it is, dropped off at 10am this morning. It's a big day!
Thanks to Will for loaning me his 'transport' wheels for the ride out. The back is sitting about 1" lower in these pics than the front. Easy enough to level out.

Attachments

• 100_0622.jpg
    100_0622.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 484
  • 100_0628.jpg
    100_0628.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 674
  • 100_0629.jpg
    100_0629.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 772
  • 100_0631.jpg
    100_0631.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 899
After removing all the stuff from inside the car, I cleaned it up a bit and started my ''build''. The first thing I will need to do is size up the wheels and tires so I can order them. To that end I had already made some mock wheels to check visual balance and clearances for the the wheel tire combo I plan on using. Seen here the rear has not been leveled yet but the opening will need to be reshaped regardless.

From here on out I will make in a ''build'' thread, although I can't promise as to how often I'll post. I'll at least give it a shot.

Aaaaahhhhh, nice to have the wait over.

Attachments

• 100_0641.jpg
    100_0641.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 649
  • 100_0642.jpg
    100_0642.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 601
  • 100_0643.jpg
    100_0643.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 625
Back