hello from Southern California

Somelee

Lifetime Supporter
hey all
just moved out here from NY. I'm a GT40 fan through and through. Currently own a 2005 Ford gt....looking to by a SPF Mark I soon. Great site you have here.
Heres a pic of my car.....

Attachments

• Lee-Car-Side-view.jpg
    Lee-Car-Side-view.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 397

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to gt40s Lee... A beautiful GT you have there... I love the look with the wheels!

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Lee, I'm down in the Studio City area, this is a great site for all you will want to know about the GT40's!

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
It's only hot if you can't take the heat of all the nice GT40's lurking about ;-)

Sandy

F.ck Southern California ,its too hot . Come join the Norcal boys !
Welcome GW

Come to La Jolla and Del Mar - it's always nice ;)

Seriously, after living in Sacto for almost 6 years, there are things I will miss about NorCal,
and things I won't. The NorCal GT40 boys - that I miss dearly.

But, the SoCal GT40 contigency is growing well.

Ian

Do you guys have regular meets at all ?
The wife and I are touring about between S.F. and L.A during September (10th to 26th). If there are any meets while we are there and we are local, it would be great to swing by for a look-see and put some faces to names :)

Somelee

Lifetime Supporter
I'm now officially a 40 owner! Just purchased SPF P/2137. Roush 427SR. Built by Olthoff racing. I've also upgraded to a premium membership. I believe the amount of information on this site is easily worth the price of admission. Now I have many mods I want to make to the car as I plan on tracking this car mostly. When I feel the car is presentable I will post pictures.

thanks to all the talented people on this site for all of the helpful information.

Somelee

Lifetime Supporter
Awesome Somelee!! What color? Are going to take it through the SB100 registration process?

eventually I'll take the plunge......I'm still using my NY DL as I've been bi-coastal. As soon as CA becomes my main residence I'll begin the sb100 process.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Just curious - Wouldn't it be better to register it out of CA to get it titled and then transfer it in CA rather than going through all that SB100 baloney?

Somelee

Lifetime Supporter
from what i understand....CA doesn't care whether you had it titled and registered before in some other state......you still need to do their little dance for them.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Only if you want it impounded or worse.

Ian

So you're telling me that I can't legally register a car (like my GT40) in the state where I am a legal resident - then move my legal residence to CA without going through that SB100 crap?
In Minnesota (where I live now) once a vehicle is titled and registered it is no different than any other motor vehicle.. The same thing holds true for moving here and registering vehicles from out of state...

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
So you're telling me that I can't legally register a car (like my GT40) in the state where I am a legal resident - then move my legal residence to CA without going through that SB100 crap?

Not surprising. Keep in mind this is the state that wants to make Hybrids louder...

In Minnesota (where I live now) once a vehicle is titled and registered it is no different than any other motor vehicle.. The same thing holds true for moving here and registering vehicles from out of state...

When you bring a car from one state to another, the registration transfers as long as
the registration type is the same. For example, if you transfer a 2006 Porsche Boxster,
it transfers as a 2006 Porsche Boxster, having to meet all of the requirements as a
2006 Porsche Boxster.

A GT40 replica is not like a regular production vehicle. So, the issue becomes how it
was registered in its previous state. Was it titled as a 1965 Ford GT? Because it
isn't one. Was it titled as a 2008 Home Build or similar? Then it can be titled as such,
but now subject to CA Smog as a 2008. It all depends on how it was registered, and
a) if a similar registration exists in CA, or b) if you wish to register it the same way,
being subject to the associated rules. In other words, it's best to re-reg as SB100 and
make life easier.

SB100, contrary to popular misconception, is not a complicated process. It is actually
very straightforward. It just requires planning, patience, and attention to detail. And,
once you're done, you're done.

Ian

I agreen with Ian K. The actual SB100 process is fairly straightforward. The downside is that they only hand out 500 SB100 certs per year for the entire state.

Once you have though, you're smog exempt for life.

Back