front clamshell question

I have never removed the front clamshell completely, but last night I popped the latches and raised it in the rear and slid it forward enough to check the brake fluid levels. When I slid it back and buttoned up the latches it seemed to have more play in the front than I remember. You can lift up on the front nose there is considerable play as well as some side to side movement. The nose seems to just sit on the hinge points in the brackets. Is this normal? thanks; chuck

Chuck,
Your question is in the SPF forum even though you list as a CAV owner. Don't know about CAV, but SPF has two rollers that hinge the clamshell at the front. Those might be loose, rotate, and throw things off. I would take the nose fully off to check.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Chucck,

Make sure the "duckbill" brackets on the front clip are adjusted such that they fully engage the "rollers" that are attached to the front frame; if not adjustment can be made.

OK?

Regards, Steve

ps: Why the ad on Cobra Country?

Steve, I will try that. It is time to sell one of the GT40s and the SPF is fully sorted so I put it up on CobraCountry.com recently. It is a super nice car but I do not need two.

Back