Charity event at Castle Combe Jul 27th

Popular freelance journalist and GTD40 Club Member/Competitor Steve Havelock has contacted me about a worthy event being held at Castle Combe in a couple of weeks time - July 27th..

His email is included below:

"Paul Clifton, the BBC Transport correspondent has approached me re a charity day at Castle Combe race circuit in aid of the Teenage Cancer Trust. It's being run by the under 17 drivers club, of which he is part.

It's a day of track driving, (but not an out and out track day) giving passenger rides in return for donations to the charity, so it should be fun and a worthwhile cause.

I'm doing it in my Vette along with another mate in his Vette. Paul asked me if I can come up with one or two other interesting cars. I suggested maybe GT40's and he nearly bit my arm off!

So would you or any others be interested? It's open to road legal cars only. They do have noise control but they don't think it will be a problem if cars are driven sensibly."

A number of us will be at Wiscombe Hillclimb in Dorset on the same weekend so cannot support, but should any forum members wish to help out and take part, please contact Steve by emailing him directly as per link below (which will be deactivated after 27th to avoid spam issues).

[email protected]

It is a worthy event and should be a fun day - please do support if at all possible...

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Now many of you are back from the LeMans trip - thought I'd push this to the top....

Any takers...?

Paul,

I am sort of interested, but do have concerns regarding the noise restrictions as I know my car is quite loud. I have before seen people with bolt on exhaust extension 'silencers', maybe I wouldn't have a problem with them?

Cheers,

Max

Back